Thesys OSX Ableton Live problem

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've discovered a reproducible bug with my Thesys (1.65 - latest for OS X as of now) in Ableton Live 8.4.2, and I expect it will be the same in other versions of Live (9.x).

I have a pattern that has most steps Xed out (red X muting the step in the sequencer), except for a few steps towards the end (last bar of pattern). If the plugin window is open, the pattern plays as normal. Once I close the plugin window, it plays one final time and then stops playing. Other patterns that are not all Xed out at the beginning play fine with the plugin window closed. All other global settings are the same between patterns. I was pretty baffled by it. I first rebooted Mac and Live; it still happened, so I then proceeded to troubleshoot. I found that if I unmuted one of the Xed steps in the first few beats of the pattern, then the pattern would continue to play as normal once the plugin window had been closed. This clearly seems to be a bug as I can't think if any rational reason for why the plugin would behave this way.

Here are a few screenshots to help. The 1st one (bottom screenshot in this post) shows the pattern that will stop with the plugin window closed. The 2nd one shows an almost identical pattern with a workaround that I figured out which will allow the pattern to keep playing after I close the plugin window. As you can see in the 2nd screenshot, there is one unmuted (but silent) step in the first few beats. That's what makes the difference..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”