MIDI Ch for Multiple Libraries in Kontakt5

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, did spend time in User Manual, but still not working like expected. e.g. EV Steel Strings, then EV Strawberry, then EV_SS, the EV Straw. MIDI automatically increments Ch 1,2,3,4. Controller is M-Audio Axiom Pro61. Output is MIDI Ch 1. What is 'mainstream' way to set this up to switch easily/quickly from one to another? :help:

I know this is more a Kontakt5 inquiry, but I hope to get a feel for how OTS Users setup and run multiple OTS Instances/Libraries to switch easily or use as Multis?
Last edited by sostenuto on Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFAIK you can change the MIDI channel directly on your Axiom. However, a better way would probably be to do it in your DAW - have multiple MIDI tracks sending to the track that has Kontakt loaded. Set those MIDI tracks to receive input from your Axiom, but let them send to the Kontakt track only over a single MIDI channel. This way you can switch between the loaded instruments simply by selecting and arming one of those MIDI tracks.

OK. Glad to see your feel the DAW MIDI control preferred over Axiom as much time would need to be spent to sort settings and think thru process via Keyboard/Controller ... as I use it currently.

I was expecting to move thru loaded Kontakt5 Libraries differently than Users of Multis with groups of instruments playing together. Lots to learn as both Kontakt5 and OTS were acquired recently.

Thank-you,

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”