Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

Known about the DX7 kybd velocity limitation and how most DX7 patches were programmed to accommodate this limitation since long before Dexed existed.

Its not that I misunderstand your point. The point is once Dexed forces all MIDI input under the 100 velocity ceiling, it has moved beyond DX7 emulation. You should be able to have the velocity limitation along with simultaneous full 127 velocity input from a 2nd source.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Any plans to add polyphonic aftertouch? I know the original didn't have it but I'd love that expression with an fm synth.

electro wrote:You should be able to have the velocity limitation along with simultaneous full 127 velocity input from a 2nd source.
Yes, exactly. There should be the option of velocity range 0-100 of the operator envelopes. As I mentioned this can't be fixed outside Dexed.

I don't wish a replacement but an option to switch. :pray:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Any plans to add polyphonic aftertouch? I know the original didn't have it but I'd love that expression with an fm synth.
I believe the expensive DX1 had a polyphonic keyboard and DX7 can also respond to a polyphonic AT capable controller.

electro wrote: The point is once Dexed forces all MIDI input under the 100 velocity ceiling, it has moved beyond DX7 emulation. You should be able to have the velocity limitation along with simultaneous full 127 velocity input from a 2nd source.
No one is asking for all midi input be limited to 100 only Keyboard Velocity.

I posted the wrong part of the FM 8 Options page before....this is the switch:

electro wrote: You should be able to have the velocity limitation along with simultaneous full 127 velocity input from a 2nd source.
You don't need a "second source". Just the legacy velocity switch. Modulation sources would still respond to 0-127........... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hi ! :-)
I've a small feature request.

I'm sure it's fairly esy to implement. It's just a detail.

In the cart browser. You can use the arrow keys to navigate up/down . That's great. However, when you want to selct a syex you've to double click with the mouse on it.

It would be very nice if it was possible to select by just pressing Enter / Return on the keyboard.

Thanks in advance !

sfd wrote:Hi ! :-)

In the cart browser. You can use the arrow keys to navigate up/down . That's great. However, when you want to selct a syex you've to double click with the mouse on it.

It would be very nice if it was possible to select by just pressing Enter / Return on the keyboard.

Thanks in advance !
+1 for this, version 0.7 had this capability. :)
:tu: All is good

Is it possible to overwrite the init preset? I like to have the envelopes in different start postions for faster editing.

Is MIDI CC still on track for December 2015?

Also what about the misspelled Sysex characters?

sfd wrote:Hi ! :-)

Thanks in advance !
Yep, change added.
starla* wrote:Is it possible to overwrite the init preset? I like to have the envelopes in different start postions for faster editing.
Not right now; the init preset is in the source code.
electro wrote:Is MIDI CC still on track for December 2015?

Also what about the misspelled Sysex characters?
1) No
2) Open an issue on the Dexed github so I can get more info on this.

Dexed 0.9.1 beta:::

http://le-son666.com/software/dexed/dex ... b1-osx.zip
http://le-son666.com/software/dexed/dex ... b1-win.zip

* Mark I engine now uses 10-bit sine/exp tables. Still a work in progress but we are getting there. If you find it noisy, the DX7 can be noisy too.
* More accurate FM feedback on the Mark I and OPL Series engine
* Wheel, Foot, Breath, Aftertouch modulation support. This setting is global to the synth and sysex files doesn't contain any information about this modulation settings.
* Fixed the display of some more 'complex' algorithms
* Drop of .syx files in the cartridge manager. You can also user <enter> to select a sysex.
* Dexed data directory can now optionally reside in the same location where the binary is installed
* 'Send current program to DX7' in Cartridge Manager works as designed
* Support for sysex streams (multiple sysex messages in one .syx file)
* New logo and about box. :wink:

:clap: :!:

/joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Great! Thank you for the beta! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

:party: :party: :party:
wonderful news! thanks for the update !

Nice work, thanks :)

Return to “Instruments”