How to adjust ample sound velocity?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Guys,

I am trying to play live with ample sound metal eclipse and am having some trouble. I am using a Roland RD-300NX as the controller. When I am playing I have to hit the keys at a very high velocity to trigger an actual note otherwise I just get a PM. Does anyone know how to adjust this? I have been playing in setting thinking it is something with this 'velocity threshold' but can't seem to get it to work.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin

Win 7 | Dual Xeon x5680 | 48 GB RAM | Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS50 monitors |Cubase 8.5 Pro|
Kevin DiGennaro

Hi, you can download the lastest update 2.2.0b for AME and adjust second layer threshold lower.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:Hi, you can download the lastest update 2.2.0b for AME and adjust second layer threshold lower.
Thank you for the prompt reply,

I went ahead and updated the software and am having the same problem.

Adjusting the layers just doesn't seem to be doing anything with my system. I adjusted to the below settings think that this would trigger with a full note with the velocity of 2 or higher (so a very soft tap of the key) but it seemed to be the same as when I had it in the middle.

So for kicks I adjusted it the other way. So a velocity of 121 would trigger a full note (a very hard press of the key). Again it seemed to be the same as before.

Am I interpreting this correctly? What else could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin
Win 7 | Dual Xeon x5680 | 48 GB RAM | Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS50 monitors |Cubase 8.5 Pro|
Kevin DiGennaro

Hi, we just test again. If you drag the purple one lower, say 35, you can trigger a sustain note even with low velocity.

Return to “Ample Sound”