Bitwig Studio 1.3.6

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...as well as issue with weird 'ghost' notes (mainly stuff that's been there but been deleted) playing randomly.

god, nothing kills inspiration more than this DAW

hoshino wrote:random crashing lately and plugin states are not saved. f__ing irritating
could you be more precise? Wich hardware and so on..did you send in the crash reports?
hoshino wrote:...as well as issue with weird 'ghost' notes (mainly stuff that's been there but been deleted) playing randomly.
same here, any steps to reproduce?

It's about time for 1.3.7 RC1

pdxindy wrote:It's about time for 1.3.7 RC1
:tu:
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

pdxindy wrote:It's about time for 1.3.7 RC1
Indeed unusual quiet.
Maybe we're in for a 2nd anniversary surprise? Still hope bugs have priority.

Hopefully they are taking there time to make 1.3.7 a big update w/ not only bug fixes but also new features to enhance :)

Maybe Claes can drop the Shortcircuit 3 (Bitwig Version)??? :

jaredjoly wrote:Maybe Claes can drop the Shortcircuit 3 (Bitwig Version)??? :
this

I'd rather have a BWS Surge

I'm dealing with an extremely frustrating bug. I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet. When using a vst with multiple outs on different midi channels like Omnisphere, the audio or midi from the added instrument tracks just stops working. For example, I'll have the Omnisphere on track 1. I'll then make 2 more instrument tracks and route them to said Omnisphere on midi channels 2 and 3. This allows me to trigger the sounds I have loaded in slots B and C of Omnisphere. When I try to continue to play these sounds, I get no audio from these tracks. I am forced to click on the first track that containes Omnisphere, then click back on track 2 or 3 to produce sound again. What's even worse is if I have midi on tracks 2 or 3, the midi won't play the sound selected in Omnisphere either. I haven't experienced this with any other version of Bitwig. It preventing me from finishing projects. I can't even bounce the midi on tracks 2 or 3 to get the audio from them. The audio clip shows up as silence.

I have submitted this to Bitwig.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

IAmRickyRiot wrote:I'm dealing with an extremely frustrating bug. I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet. When using a vst with multiple outs on different midi channels like Omnisphere, the audio or midi from the added instrument tracks just stops working. For example, I'll have the Omnisphere on track 1. I'll then make 2 more instrument tracks and route them to said Omnisphere on midi channels 2 and 3. This allows me to trigger the sounds I have loaded in slots B and C of Omnisphere. When I try to continue to play these sounds, I get no audio from these tracks. I am forced to click on the first track that containes Omnisphere, then click back on track 2 or 3 to produce sound again. What's even worse is if I have midi on tracks 2 or 3, the midi won't play the sound selected in Omnisphere either. I haven't experienced this with any other version of Bitwig. It preventing me from finishing projects. I can't even bounce the midi on tracks 2 or 3 to get the audio from them. The audio clip shows up as silence.

I have submitted this to Bitwig.
I have seen that in past versions as well but it was somehow inconsistent.
My guess is, that the automatic VST-sleep kicks in and somehow does not detect the input from the other tracks.
Great you could nail it down :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Likewise, I have encountered this issue.

But because I was using VEP5, and Team BWS does not have VEP5 to be able to trouble shoot, I gave up trying to isolate the issue.

Then too, due to the convoluted method of routing multi channel VST's, it is easy to become confused about things and difficult to trace down a problem.

Bad as I hate to say it, Live does routing so much better (although it has its share of problems also - like all into 1 :x ). It's just much easier to know what you have routed where in case of problems. Easier to chase down.

Relevant to what Tom suggests, I have noticed that BWS stops the VEP5 engine (on the slave machine), even with the VST auto-suspend set to off.

Anyway, I know not much help here but just to say, issue confirmed - specs below.

Cheers!
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I think after all the performance-moaning of some time ago, the engine got a bit overzealous in saving CPU and has trouble detecting things that have no real input, like Jamstix (generates drumming without input) and maybe VEP is the same (no idea about it though).
This multitimbral case somehow sounds related, maybe the "side entrance" inputs from other tracks are not watched by the optimisation engine?
Either the engine needs to have a list of such plugins (hard to maintain) or it needs a better way to detect activity.
Or it should have a K.I.S.S. manual switch to simply disable all optimizations/sleeping ("you have been warned" and all) to allow at least using those plugins, even if at a performance penalty. The current right-mouse menu options seem not to work in those cases.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Just to keep those that may experience the same issue, Dom suggested I try turning off the auto suspend on Omnisphere to see if that helps. Will try it and report back soon.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

IAmRickyRiot wrote:Just to keep those that may experience the same issue, Dom suggested I try turning off the auto suspend on Omnisphere to see if that helps. Will try it and report back soon.
Yes, Dom had suggested I do the same quite some time back, but it didn't help in my case. BWS still shuts off the VEP5 engine and to get it started again, I had to go through what you described above.

For what ever reason, BWS shuts down the VEP5. No other DAW I use has this issue, but again, they don't have VEP5 to test what's wrong.

Most unfortunate ;)

But it may work if you're on just one machine. :tu: Keep us posted.

Cheers!
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Bitwig”