can't copy offset between beat grid and note event with ctrl+c and ctrl+v ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i know i can with mouse ctrl+drag.
but is there a way to achieve with ctrl+c and ctrl+v?
it is ok when i ctrl+drag copy offseted event in same midi clip
but a bit frustrating when i ctrl+drag copy this to other clip.
was able to do this in ableton.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You have all snappings on, so it might be hard to controll where it snapps. Try only have this on.
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Coockie1176ln wrote:You have all snappings on, so it might be hard to controll where it snapps. Try only have this on.

sorry i tried that already.
and dragging is dragging. it feels same.
i just really hates dragging due to my finger problem.
thx for the input anyway.

You can select notes with time and duplicate it.

nexttrack30 wrote:
Coockie1176ln wrote:You have all snappings on, so it might be hard to controll where it snapps. Try only have this on.

sorry i tried that already.
and dragging is dragging. it feels same.
i just really hates dragging due to my finger problem.
thx for the input anyway.
It works but when you ahve multiple snaps on it will snap to multple points, one is on grid, the other is the offset.

Check gif.
snapps 2 places.gif
If you look next gif i turned of Absolute snapping or aka grid snapping
and snap to objects are turned OFF. Only relative snapping active, it will
snapp to same offset.

check gif
fixed snap.gif
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

mrfrenkie wrote:You can select notes with time and duplicate it.

This way also works, ctrl + d will dublicate and it will swift in the selection youve made, meaning if you dont select correct it wont work. What i did in my gif example was selecting notes and holding ctrl, command on mac
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

You can also do it in arranger and consilidate. Soo many ways. Hope all this info helps from us
donenow.gif

It is a bug. I've reported this a few months ago. Pressing crtl-d preserves offset, in the arranger the offset is preserved, everywhere except in the piano roll with ctrl-c/ctrl-v. There are several workarounds but they don't work in every case (for instance, using the time tool copies all notes in that timeframe from all rows, not just one row). I hope this gets fixed soon.

mrfrenkie wrote:You can select notes with time and duplicate it.
i'm not trying to put note in same clip.
thx for input anyway.

i'm not trying to copy notes in same midi clip.
(if i want to copy in same clip, ctrl+d must be fastest way)
and also i know it works with ctrl+dragging to other clip.
i'm saying there is no way to get exact offset with ctrl+c and ctrl+v to OTHER CLIP in bitwig.
CTRL+C.PNG
i know it is not a big deal. i can just use ctrl+dragging.

but it is hard to know i ctrl+drag notes in right place and right offset to OTHER CLIP
when arranger is zoomed out, when note is short (not seeable lol) and absolute snapping is on.
so if i want my notes to be dragged in right place,
i have to uncheck "absoulte snapping",
zoom in arranger
and focus if the note is in right grid.
saying.PNG
i know it is not a big deal again.
but it was so easy with ctrl+c notes in ONE CLIP and ctr+v to OTHER CLIP in ableton.
because they also copy offset when ctrl+c.
ABLETON OFFSET.PNG

Use mutpliclip editing if its hard dragin over timeline. But repport to bitwig. i can also send. would be great if bitwig could remember selection on ctrl c and ctrl v also i can see that. Anyway in the meantime you have to dure or just use another software if this is to much. There is no fast fix . only for bitwig to fix this :(

Yes please report. I've been bugging them for this a few times, hoping it was fixed in the nxt release. Your explanation is very clear.

takaii wrote:Use mutpliclip editing if its hard dragin over timeline. But repport to bitwig. i can also send. would be great if bitwig could remember selection on ctrl c and ctrl v also i can see that. Anyway in the meantime you have to dure or just use another software if this is to much. There is no fast fix . only for bitwig to fix this :(
it is not too much. :wink:
bitwig is still my go-to daw.
ableton got this right, but with many critical frustrating things.

just wanted to know if other bitwig users also have need for this.

nexttrack30 wrote:
takaii wrote:Use mutpliclip editing if its hard dragin over timeline. But repport to bitwig. i can also send. would be great if bitwig could remember selection on ctrl c and ctrl v also i can see that. Anyway in the meantime you have to dure or just use another software if this is to much. There is no fast fix . only for bitwig to fix this :(
it is not too much. :wink:
bitwig is still my go-to daw.
ableton got this right, but with many critical frustrating things.

just wanted to know if other bitwig users also have need for this.
The only thing ive got agaknst ableton wen testing is the navigating in arranger, zoom in and out and moove in timeline or how to add clips are frustrating for me. So used to doubleclick for a clip, drag down to loop and up to length, use scrool wheel and hold to move left and right and scrool and hold move mice up and
Down to zoom in. For me i spend a lot of time in arranger and therefor it feels important to me lol :) but anyway repporting stuff to improe is still good :) :tu:

Return to “Bitwig”