Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

NAD wrote:
knowix wrote:I may have mentioned it before. But it would be great to be able to be able to age up wavetables in a similar manner to some of the 80s hybrid synths. Since those old synths didn't push their filters too hard, what's standing in the way of Zebra from doing reasonably faithful emulations of them?
Just use the brilliance oscillator effect (counterclockwise), instant oldifier!
Another method I like is to use the SR Decimate VCF filter option. Place it after all your oscillators, set Keyfollow to 100, Resonance and Drive to 0. Then lower the cutoff small amounts until you get that 80s lower bit quality vibe you're after.
Feel free to call me Brian.

my 8 instances of Zebra thank you 8)
Howard wrote:
vdhj wrote:Will Zebra 3 have a multi-core button 'à la' Diva?
Very likely, I reckon
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

Will Zebra HZ transition to a "Mk 3" so to speak as well ?

aesthete wrote:Will Zebra HZ transition to a "Mk 3" so to speak as well ?
no...

aesthete wrote:Will Zebra HZ transition to a "Mk 3" so to speak as well ?
There won't be a necessity to do so. I'm sure Hans will be happy with Z3.

We did ZebraHZ because he wanted Diva quality filters in Zebra, and Z3 will be loaded with Diva quality filters.

XMF with DIVA quality would be great I'm starting to prefair XMF over the DIVA ones because of the extra dials and dual filter option and I think it sounds a bit cleaner like ACE filters and like the ACE filters has the analog mojo. The CPU is too high anyway with the DIVA ones.
Since the Plugmon Massive GUI I've not had an hour off from using Zebra HZ It's been easy and fun like using DIVA but way more options and I'm final feeling like I can do any thing I want with it.

Will Zebra 3 get the Resnoator I've ended up using that instead of filters and EQ it adds so much to the vibe of Zebra.

Jax Pok wrote:Will Zebra 3 get the Resonator? I've ended up using that instead of filters and EQ it adds so much to the vibe of Zebra.
I guess so - it would be "criminal negligence" NOT to include that!

Howard wrote:
Jax Pok wrote:Will Zebra 3 get the Resonator? I've ended up using that instead of filters and EQ it adds so much to the vibe of Zebra.
I guess so - it would be "criminal negligence" NOT to include that!
:tu:
rabbit in a hole

Not only the Resonator, but also the per lane Polyphonic Compressors should not be dropped... sometimes they just do the trick... especially when creating drums... :love:

one thing i also would like to see in Z3 are some advanced FMO Modules, maybe a little bit influenced by the Bazille Osc´s (the possibility to change from Semitones to Over- and Undertones / the Multiplier Option / fixed Hertz Detuning...)

and i hope that there will be an Audio Input or an FX version of Zebra 3 (Zebrify 3)...

and please don´t drop the Micro-tuning / tun. file support... please...
Everyone knows more than I do...

bmrzycki wrote:
NAD wrote:
Just use the brilliance oscillator effect (counterclockwise), instant oldifier!
Another method I like is to use the SR Decimate VCF filter option. Place it after all your oscillators, set Keyfollow to 100, Resonance and Drive to 0. Then lower the cutoff small amounts until you get that 80s lower bit quality vibe you're after.
Just recently bought Zebra, so now I can try that :P

But yeah, I was once talking to the guy who "executive produced" that SQ-8L plugin that people still really like, and he had some very interesting things to say about the sound of the chip, that would probably add something extra to Zebra 3.

Also guys like Acreil, have had some very interesting things to say about wavetables and variable samplerates in the past, that I'd be very curious about.

I've never seen a detailed description of what's going on under the hood of the wavetables in Zebra, or at least lately.

operator wrote:the per lane Polyphonic Compressors should not be dropped...
They were always part of the concept.

Urs wrote:
operator wrote:the per lane Polyphonic Compressors should not be dropped...
They were always part of the concept.
good to hear... :tu:
Everyone knows more than I do...

Urs, Do you think we could have some sort of Random patch in Zebra 3 built in ? Yes, I am aware of the patches in library to do this for Z2, but as I mentioned to Viktor they unfortunately crash Logic X (10.2.1) after selecting them the second time now. It would be fun to have this function.

I don't know about layering in Zebra 2 (don't have it yet sadly so haven't deep dived yet), but thinking about the layering in Dune 2 which is very powerful and also stuff like Rob Papen Prisma, essentially a way to store a "multi-instance" patch. For example to make sounds highly responsive to velocity, or to build up a sound in a sort of multiband fashion of making the low-mid-high components as different layers. Is there any plans for layering in Zebra 3?

mrj1nx wrote:I don't know about layering in Zebra 2 (don't have it yet sadly so haven't deep dived yet), but thinking about the layering in Dune 2 which is very powerful and also stuff like Rob Papen Prisma, essentially a way to store a "multi-instance" patch. For example to make sounds highly responsive to velocity, or to build up a sound in a sort of multiband fashion of making the low-mid-high components as different layers. Is there any plans for layering in Zebra 3?
Zebra is already designed to have 4 layers within a single patch - it's the four "lanes" in its Module Grid. Those layers can have entirely different synth structures, and signals can run from one layer to the other.

Zebra3 will have easier means to duplicate stuff from one lane to another, so you can pretty much do everything, without too much tabbing.

The beauty of this approach is that envelopes etc. can be shared between the modules, which usually isn't the case in a synth with a stricter approach to layering.

Return to “u-he”