Shreddage 2 Engine V3.21 - Updates for S2, IBZ, SRP - Available Now! (August 3, 2016 IBZ Bug fix)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One thing I was hoping to have is to load/save the articulation mappings separately from all other settings. This articulation mapping seems to be the place I keep coming back since I haven't found the perfect template for me yet. So every time I find a new candidate for the ultimate template that needs to be adopted for existing songs (since all I have is unfinished ones) it takes time to fiddle all the values for every instance without changing other settings (yeah, who likes doubling the guitar tracks now, huh).

Or maybe then load/save for the effects stack, so then I could just save the template to my own .nki (it's the proper way isn't it?) and just load the effects back.

On the preset menu there's an option to load a preset's FX settings only - is that helpful?

I could also make it so that it loads a preset's MAPPING settings only.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:On the preset menu there's an option to load a preset's FX settings only - is that helpful?

I could also make it so that it loads a preset's MAPPING settings only.
I think both are helpful, yes.

I'm still unsure what is the best way to utilise the different articulations in the most convenient way. I'd like to see a DAW that maps the keyswitches visually on top of the piano roll, for instance using different background colors for the grid for each different keyswitch when active.

Yeah - this is a big problem for many orchestral libraries. There are various tools, extensions, and apps out there to apparently help with articulation switching. I use FL Studio, which has none of them, but VI-Control.net has a forum dedicated to this sort of thing.

My own setup most closely resembles the default settings, but usually I have two patches - one for lead and one for rhythm - with different settings each.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I'm now trying to set up CC for switching between single and power sustains, but I cannot get it working. I have tried several different CC's and set up so that singles are from 0 to 63 and power from 64 to 127.

Then I wanted to check if keyswitching does the job, C-1 for single, F-1 for power, but now C-1 changes the stroke mode to 'up only' and I'm totally confused. I double checked that the stroke mode was assigned to some other key by default and I didn't change it.

So how about testing if the original IBZ can do it, but now it has lost it's samples somewhere. Boy this isn't my day..

Edit: About the picking mode. The picking mode selector takes up to 4 semitones, so from A-2 (the default) it will occupy also C-1. It would be handy if any of the keyswitch selectors would grey out those that are already assigned..

Still couldn't get the CC switching to work, even with the original IBZ. So it must be my fault..

I still get phasing issues on low A and low G when double and quad tracking is used. Also, it seems that if I move the RR Reset keyswitch I lose the ability to trigger it. Lastly, I still can't seem to save and load settings. Every time I load, it just puts everything to default settings: keyswitches, effects, toggled settings, etc.

What I did to solve the settings loading problem was just saving it as a new patch.

Everything else works great!

Akanto: When you say you can't save and load, do you mean with the internal preset system...?

Yes, exactly.

I think the Articulation page could be a little more better, regarding the Sustain/Mute/Staccato key switches. I think it would be best to see the 'power chord' and 'non-power chord' key switches all at once, instead of toggling the POWER CHORDS button on and off.

One thing I like a lot is that the tapping mode keyswitch now follows the keysw latch option. It was not working with the Shreddage 2 and it is the same with the new Shreddage Bass 2 too. Didn't check IBZ or Archtop.

I know it works for those that are in the articulation page, but I think it should be for all keyswitches, makes much more sense and does not cause any hassle (like when stopping the playback just before tapping mode was about to be switched off and then wondering what happened when starting playing from another position)

Download Update v1.16 (Patch + Resources)

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! A new beta is available. Changelog:

* Pinch harmonic speed control is now implemented properly.
* (Hopefully) fixed any spikiness with scaled vel -> volume.
* Added new option to load preset MAPPING only.
* Artic CC switching should now work properly. This was a big fix. Once an artic is selected via CC, it can be deselected by moving that CC outside of your selected min-max range, or selecting an articulation via keyswitch (or another MIDI CC).
* Fixed some possible phasing issues on the low string (A/G) in double/quad track mode
* Vibrato voices no longer trigger with Smooth enabled
* Slightly lower default CPU usage

NEED CLARIFICATION / FUTURE UPDATES:

* Greying out in-use keyswitches is a good idea, but will require a lot of work. TBA.
* Preset system not loading properly - it's working here. Can anyone reproduce?
* Putting all artics (including powerchords) on one page - will happen, but not immediately.
* Keyswitch / latching for all functions is working here. What functions are not responding to key release when latch is OFF?

Testing new version... Randomization algorithm is much better, after tweaking it a bit, i made machine gun effect less noticeable. New string/fret detection algorithm also works better. Sounds good. Keep it up, Andrew. But my CPU is still crying on sustains, 45-60% all the time with Amplitube 4 (mutes and staccatos - 28-33%). With Vienna Ensemble Pro/256 samples delay it uses all my i7 laptop power. Is there any chance to optimize it? :?

What is the CPU usage in Smooth vibrato mode? That's the issue here. When we use time machine (for variable speed of fingered vibrato, for example) some computers just have ridiculous CPU usage and there isn't much we can do. For the final release I plan on making a 'LowCPU' patch that doesn't use TMPro.

With the v1.16 update, it seems that the phasing issue has been resolved. Both low A and G work just like all the other notes now.

I noticed that the save/load system now preserves the articulation keyswitches but still doesn't preserve the other keyswitches, like string selection, tapping mode, powerchord mode, thrash note, picking mode, and round robin reset.

I cannot trigger round robin reset, no matter what I do. I've tried setting it to every possible key and pressing it and the notification at the bottom of the interface does not show. However, if I manually tap the button in the IBZ interface it triggers and the notification is displayed.

Those bugs should be fixed now - 'advanced' controls should now save/load properly (for all NEW presets going forward), and RR reset keyswitch now maps/works.

CLICK HERE for the latest version of IBZ (1.17)

... And below is the new update for the original Shreddage 2!!! At last! This features all of the improvements from IBZ, along with the unique features of S2 like powerchord portamento and that awesome phat tone :-)

Please give it a test run!

CLICK HERE for the latest version of Shreddage 2 (3.10)

Return to “Impact Soundworks”