Portamento

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I can’t get portamento or slide in and out to work in the new update version 3.12 of Shreddage 2. I have tried both with key and velo. I have turn off so any other articulations like mute don’t disturbing. Logic 10.2.1

First, check the Portamento is enabled. Then make sure the velocity range does not overlap with the hammer/pull range (as hammer/pull is prioritized).

Play a sustain. Then play another sustain overlapping with it, within the Portamento velocity range. It seems to work here.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I just wondering the state of portamento problem. Is it only I that have that problem or is it a mac problem or Logic problem?

Are you using V3? If so, can you load the default patch and then render a MIDI for me where portamento should work - but doesn't? And what happens when it doesn't trigger, do you hear silence as if a transition were missing? Or another articulation?

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

[Hi
Here is a midi file. I use V3.17 I use key switch for all articulation sustain D0, Power cord C-1, portamento C0. I hear the target note only. I try to load a midi file but with no success. It said the extension mid is not allowed

I´m dying to use the new update engine...but I have resigned to the old version when portamentos works perfectly...zircon you suggest load a midi file with this issue...but you can test yourself with the same example in the manual, try to do a portamento between E3 to B3 ... nothing... I hope you can fix it... By the way all the rest about this new updated is amazing!!! Cool great job and update!

Hey sorry! I forget it... I used the Scream Pedal and Bite EQ config in the old version...can you tell me where is the bite EQ now? I know there is an EQ in the effects section but the default bite eq solves my problem...but now I´m confused...i have to adjust manually? Sorry it´s not vagancy :P just a question :?: :?: :?:

Bite EQ will be added back in an upcoming update. It's a really simple EQ curve but I shouldn't have taken it out.

Portamento is working 99% for me, which is the problem. I really need more information to fix these issues. I've made some changes already but that might not be solving your problem, which is why I need renders etc.

Hi there,

using Shreddage II (V3.17) Portamento does not work at all for me. With Shreddage IIX all works fine.
I enabled Portamento overlapped two different notes. I hear the two notes playing but no Portamento.

I tried vel, cc (5) and G-1 as Trigger but no success.

Please give this high prio. Thank you
Sarah

Hi Sarah, we have a working update at the moment (v3.19) - does this fix your issues?

http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... _V3_19.rar

Dear Zircon,

thank you for your quick reply. I installed V 3.19 - and Portamento works great! Thank you!!!
I just realized that V3.19 sounds different to V 3.17. E.g. - Boneyard preset sounds quite different - not that deep and dark anymore.

Is the V3.19 still under construction, and will it sound like V 3.17?

Cheers
Sarah

Actually, what happening was that in 3.17, preset EQs were not loading with the factory presets. In 3.19, now they are...

Return to “Impact Soundworks”