where can i find documentation of the keyboard layout?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see various sections explained in videos if you search around, but I cant find anything that just says "these lower black keys are blah blah etc...
Also can you use keyswitches to change patches in the play section?
How can i change the effects during a track, say from a verse to the chorus and choose a different patch or effect for the chorus? The lack of documentation makes me leary of this product. Is there some secret location where i can really learn the ins and outs of this thing? It sounds great in the demos, but seriously, I think great! but how to hell do you do that!?

Help! please.....

I'm assuming you're talking about one of the Evolution guitar libraries:

Do you have Kontakt's keyboard enabled? To do that, just click on this button at the top of Kontakt's interface:

You can also hover over the keys and keyranges to see what they are in the info panel in Kontakt.

The library is actually well-documented in the PDF user's guide, so be sure to check that out--there's a download link towards the bottom of the product page. However, I realize that written manuals tend to cover things more as a reference rather than a more practical, "here's how you accomplish this" perspective. We're currently working on a bunch of new tutorials for the Evolution guitars. They're longer than the other tutorials we've done, but they go into more depth, show the library being played, and give practical examples.

Regarding changing effects within a track, all the effects can be automated to MIDI CCs, plus there are also host parameters already set up so that you can change effects / settings in real-time. Just bear in mind if you're changing cab models or reverb pedals there may be audio artifacts (clicks / pops) due to loading new impulse samples into memory. That's why it's usually best to use separate instances of the guitar. Don't worry, Kontakt is intelligent about recognizing that the samples are the same between instances of the same library.

If you're looking to switch between entire snapshot presets during a track, I'm not sure if that's possible or not since that's built into Kontakt. I can look into it for you to see if there's any sort of MIDI message that can change snapshots. I would assume there isn't, though, just due to the delay in processing when loading a new snapshot. I could be wrong, though.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Okay thanks!
looking forward to new videos...
I understand about the possible artifacts from switching.
I thought you might not be able to change entire snapshots, because one would think you would have promoted that as a feature. I just thought i would check to be sure.
So loading multiple instances will not necessarily double the consumed memory?
If so, that is probably the best solution to all my creative ideas :-)...

Thanks again.

filemonger wrote: So loading multiple instances will not necessarily double the consumed memory?
Right, it shouldn't double the memory usage--you'll notice that when loading additional instances of the sample library, the samples load instantly.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”