Shreddage II "Harmonics" + SRP "Harmonics" = ???

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shreddage 2: Absolute Electric Guitar

When I unpacked SRP into the S2 folder, WinRAR asked if I wanted to overwrite the existing Harmonics samples that were included in the last S2 update. I ended up renaming the existing folder and resaved the S2 patches, then let SRP install the Harmonics folder.

Is that right?
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Yes, that was a bit confusing but I used merge (I'm sure the file names were different so nothing was overwritten).

Here's the dirty secret... I was not able to track down the original S2 performer to get new harmonic samples for that last S2 update. So I ended up using harmonics from another guitar instead. Shame shame.. I know! But harmonics are I think one of the LEAST-affected by the tone, strings and pickup of the guitar (generally speaking) so it was share some samples, or don't have the articulation at all and be inconsistent with our other instruments...
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

nbd wrote:Yes, that was a bit confusing but I used merge (I'm sure the file names were different so nothing was overwritten).
No, the names overlap... and more concerning was that the new ones are 1/4 the size of the old ones... I NEED EVERY LAST BYTE!!! :D

zircon wrote:Here's the dirty secret... I was not able to track down the original S2 performer to get new harmonic samples for that last S2 update. So I ended up using harmonics from another guitar instead. Shame shame.. I know! But harmonics are I think one of the LEAST-affected by the tone, strings and pickup of the guitar (generally speaking) so it was share some samples, or don't have the articulation at all and be inconsistent with our other instruments...
Hey that's coo... I agree, not an issue with harmonics, my concern was if there was a inadvertent general overlap in the other sample folders... when I renamed the origianl to"S2 Harmonics", I had to accept "yes to all" to overwrite existing files during subsequent unpack... otherwise I would have to hit the yes button hundreds of times... Not my idea of a fun friday evening in the ol' home studio. :) So wasn't sure what a global overwrite meant.

Anyway, as long as it's not a general problem, the harmonics samples should be fine... I think I'll keep the folder rename the way I have it, just because I'm OCD that way... Easy enough to resave the preset.

BTW SRP sounds great... nice addition.

Just to clarify, should I be overwriting, or not overwriting?

I'm not familiar with this "merge", and using Windows 10, I don't seem to get that terminology, I can overwrite, or I can not overwrite.

Can I clarify what "merge" actually does so I can reflect that in my own setup?

Hi, according to Apple:

"The Merge option appears only if one of the folders contains items that are not in the other folder. If the folders contain different versions of identically named files, the only options are Stop or Replace."

So in this light, I don't understand when kbaccki says that the names overlap. Haven't really checked the names at all and probably won't so no valuable input expected from my side.

That definitely doesn't make sense to me then, since in this case in the Harmonics folder there are filenames that are exactly the same from Shreddage 2, and also with Shreddage 2 SRP, and are different file sizes and so are clearly different samples. If I overwrite them, am I replacing the sounds from the Shreddage 2/IIX with samples that I should not be? The SRP ones are 1/4 of the file size, as pointed out by kbaccki.

What version of S2 you have? I have some vague memories about some S2 update having new Harmonics samples. I could be totally wrong also. Too bad this is not clearly communicated by the developers. Too much confusion.

I have the latest version, 3.17, which has the revamped interface (can't recall if it included more samples or not).

Not sure what's going on here, perhaps the folder structure got messed up. An easy(ish) workaround would be to move the SRP samples to another folder. Then the SRP NKI will pop up missing samples, but you can point it to that new folder (i.e. "SRP Samples" alongside "Samples") and resave.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”