How to use midi inputs in Turnado

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a softstep 2 midi controller and would like to use it with Turnado. I've plugged it in and it registers in the midi devices sources list in the settings as 'SSCOM Port 1' and 'SSCOM Port 2'. These are both on. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to control the effects and their parameters with the softstep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Pipstar12,

are you using Turnado within a host (which one?) or as standalone?

Normally you can use MIDI notes or CC data to remote Turnado.
In the Turnado MIDI settings make sure that your MIDI controller is active (green).
Just long press a control and click “Learn” to assign incoming MIDI CC’s and Clear to delete the assignment.
(Turnado sends the values of the 8 Main Knobs as CC’s 1-8.)

Is your MIDI controller sending different CC's?

What exactly happens if you learned a knob in Turnado and you right click the knob again?
Are there any specific CCs shown or is there just shown learn and clear?

Also have you the latest version of Turnado (v1.6.1) installed?

Best,
Nadine

Hi Nadine,

Thank you for your response. I am using the Sugarbytes iOS app and have the latest version.

Hi Pipstar12,

recording CC´s from Turnado should work well from our side, I've tested it again here.
Are you able to control other instruments/effects with your contoller?
Is your MIDI controller sending different CC's?
I still not get the point at which something goes wrong.
- You press MIDI learn on the first knob in Turnado.
- Then you move/press a knob on the SoftStep
-> connection should be established.
If you long press on the first knob in Turnado you should see the CC which has been learned.

If Turnado doesn't recognise SoftStep please check if the MIDI Input Source of Turnado is set to active.
Please also check whether the MIDI input channel is set to OMNI? If it's not, please set it to OMNI.

Make sure SoftStep is connected before you start Turnado.
Also make sure no other audio app is running. Other audio apps could already be using the MIDI driver.

Please also note that when using Turnado within an iHost you have to make sure that you have setup a MIDI connection to Turnado.

Best,
Nadine

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your reply.

I did everything you advised and it seems that the Softstep is not working with any app. However, I have a QuNeo from the same company and that seems to work fine. So I've posted in the Keith McMillen forum to see if someone can help there.

Thanks again.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”