energyXT v3.0 Final released!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

there's still several issues to be ironed out. for example if you render a song in multicore with NI RC 24 reverb as send then in the rendered song you will have the reverb sometimes disappear for no reason ( my RC 24 is original and works just fine in other daws).

can't replicate the reverb problem in a new project but I notice that multi out plugs (samplers etc) still don't work in multi core mode. so i guess in general the multi core implementation is still deficient.
in single core mode all works fine.

Has anyone managed to play the "demosong" project from eXT3.0. I am hearing distortion from the guitar and strings synthesizer tracks. I tried in single and multicore with various ASIO settings.

Same here, mac and pc, multicore, single core, asio, no asio. There appears to be a major problem with the built in synth in V3 when the synth uses samples or you try to load an sf2. The previous V3 betas had the same problem.

Thanks. I think I saw something like this in the earlier beta. I seem to remember having problems with multi-outs as well.

seismic1 wrote:Thanks. I think I saw something like this in the earlier beta. I seem to remember having problems with multi-outs as well.
testing here, multi-out instruments still seem to have a problem with insert effects distorting. how disappointing! :( :( :(
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Blimey. It lives!

x64 support?

camsr wrote:x64 support?
God forbid!

you want x64 support? use creaper and bloatware like Kuntact and Omniqueer.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
camsr wrote:x64 support?
God forbid!

you want x64 support? use creaper and bloatware like Kuntact and Omniqueer.
What ?
Duh

Multicore - how exciting!

Then I tested it and played a few of my tracks. Lots of clicking and gaps. Switch to single core mode and the track plays fine. :(

So I guess I'll stick to single core - it's worked well enough for me anyways. Recently played live with XT 2.7 on a simple netbook. No probs at all.

Oh yea! Multi-core support made me buy this thing instantly. (Again, because I bought a license once already, but oh the backups...).

Well, there are two things after playing around with the 3.0 for 2 days now.

Show hints on toolbar doesn't do anything when activated. I hope I'm not blind, while I'm actually not 100% sure what energyXT's "toolbar" is. ;) I think of a toolbar as something with different icons to cut, zoom, erase and whatnot, but there is nothing really like that, except the one next to the transport functions or the one you can unfold for advanced audio features like re-pitch/stretch, fades and whatnot, but again, no hints popping up, anywhere.

Secondly, applying a controller to instruments works nicely, but not so much on effects. Once you assigned a CC to an instrument and then apply a CC to an insert of that instrument it works. But if I do it to an insert where the instrument doesn't have any CC applied to it it doesn't. Which also means that it doesn't work on audio tracks. I admit, I have 3 controllers in total, which could be causing hiccups, but then again, it works as expected on every instrument I tried so far.

Some minor things for now. Seems solid so far and as much fun as it always was. ;)

No, you're not blind, the hints are gone - unless I'm blind too 8)

Edit: I really would like to have them back... :?

Without getting the "annoying" dude, I will keep this here... ;)

Is internal audio recording even possible in energyXT?

If I create a new audio track, I can route another channel in the mixer to "sequencer audio". Like if you create a audio track and the hardware audio in will be routed to "sequencer audio". I thought this would do the trick, but it doesn't? :help:

Interestingly enough, if you choose "audio output" + "sequencer audio" for a VST instrument, you will get no sound at all anymore, while it "should" still be going to the output AND the sequencer audio track, no?

@emotica:
Ever tried toying around with adding another instance of a sequencer module in the modular view?
E.g. create a 2nd sequencer, rename it to 'Rec seq' and possible dock it to a new page called e.g. 'Recorder'.
Then create as many audio tracks there as you want/need to do your recording.
In modular view just route any VST's out (from 'regular sequencer) you want to record to any of the audio ins of the 'Req seq'.
Also in modular view route the 'Req seq' audio outs to module 'Audio Out'.
You can record many VSTs just to one audio track in the 'Req seq' or each VST to its own audio track there.
In 'Recorder' press record and your audio tracks set up there will be recorded according to what you assigned to their inputs.

Hope that was somehow understandable, but I guess you'll soon get the picture what is possible...

Enjoy!

Return to “energyXT”