Bug in 7.1.1 - rapid click-drag of cursor causes poof crash

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What it says. When I rapidly click-drag the cursor a significant distance to another spot on a clip, T7.1.1 does a poof crash. This is something I've been able to do since T1.6, and now I can't. The log file is no help at all: all it says is that the application crashed.

Anybody else see this?

What's more, the crash is irrecoverable. I can't restart T7 in the same Windows session; I have to restart Windows.

You might say I could just use the arrow keys to move the cursor, but that's not always as convenient. Sometimes the cursor is off the screen and I don't know exactly where it is. It's easier for me to click in some area of the screen I'm on, so the cursor will appear and front of me and I can see it. Then, once I have my hand on the mouse, it's easier just to keep the left button down and drag the cursor where I want it. I'm not trying to drag it 100 measures or anything like that, but sometimes 15 or 20. Anyway, regardless of how I "should" do this, the fact remains is that this is something I'd been able to do since the very beginning and now can't. This is a simple thing that should not blow up a DAW.
Win10 Pro 64, Clevo P750DM3, i7-7700, 32GB, nVidia GTX1060, 500GB/500GB/1TB SSD, PreSonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt, Waveform 10

Not this one, but I've had some poof crashes. I sent the log, they said "looking into it"

It's a drag that you cannot restart T7 w/o restarting windows. I find that the most annoying thing.

incubus wrote:Not this one, but I've had some poof crashes. I sent the log, they said "looking into it"

It's a drag that you cannot restart T7 w/o restarting windows. I find that the most annoying thing.
Just kill any tracktion.exe processes using process explorer, from sysinternals (part of microsoft now), and you'll be able to restart it.

https://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Thanks, I'll try that.
Win10 Pro 64, Clevo P750DM3, i7-7700, 32GB, nVidia GTX1060, 500GB/500GB/1TB SSD, PreSonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt, Waveform 10

Return to “Tracktion”