Most stable nonsense free DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

surreal wrote:Thank you.. is Reaper very stable?
Yes. Solid as a rock!

surreal wrote:Thank you.. is Reaper very stable?
Not on Mac, beta at best.

DJBuddhaBear wrote:Propellerhead's Reason.

I have literally never had a single crash in all the years I have used it.

this is probably best answer
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

If you like Reason,try these one http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/caustic free Win/Mac version also available for Androind/Ios for around 10 USD/Euro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86OrU-E7RU
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Free? Give Tracktion 4 a try.

Cool Edit Pro

Seriously, this thread is just going to be peoples favourite DAWs that they use. There won't really be a solid answer.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Trancit wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Live 9 is rock solid ...
As long as you don´t use M4L :)
M4L is fine here ... 8)
I think it depends on the devices you use and what VSTs you use them with(M4L LFOs and sequencers seem to cause me problems sometimes).
I ONLY LIKE MUSIC WITH CHARACTER
SOUNDCLOUD

Reaper is very stable and after using Studio One extensively without a crash, it is also very stable.

Saying Reason is stable in this conversation is like saying a big, red rubber ball used in gym class for kickball is every bit as good to use in a basketball game as an actual basketball.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Live 9 is rock solid ...
I wish. I have had so many crashes with it recently that I'm starting to hate it. It may well be a VST but crashes while loading up sessions that previously worked perfectly make me yearn for a feature that basically sandboxes the vsts and then switches off any trouble ones so that I can work out what the hell is happening.

While i'm here, how is Studio One 3 for stability? Because of the aforementioned problems with Live, I'm looking at something that would not exactly replace it entirely, but would compliment live for those moments when crashes annoy me enough to want to go somewhere slightly more stable, and I have an SO 2 producer licence waiting to get upgraded...

Reaper

Super stable, inexpensive, good on resources, easy to install, etc.

jjpscott01 wrote:
DJBuddhaBear wrote:Propellerhead's Reason.

I have literally never had a single crash in all the years I have used it.
Yeah Id have to second that. As far as stability goes, Reason is on another level from the other guys. With that being said, the stability award for any non-Reason DAW would have to go to Reaper. Especially in its current version, its pretty rock solid.
I might check out Reaper some day but I already have and use too many other DAW's -- Tracktion, Renoise, FL Studio, & Live.

And honestly, all of them have been quite stable on my systems. The problems have always been with VST instruments and effects. Reason is so solid because of its lack of VST support and the use of rack extensions instead.

TACruise wrote:Reaper is very stable and after using Studio One extensively without a crash, it is also very stable.

Saying Reason is stable in this conversation is like saying a big, red rubber ball used in gym class for kickball is every bit as good to use in a basketball game as an actual basketball.
Oh look another person attacking Reason because it isn't a 'real' DAW. :clap:

surreal wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:He/she's looking for free daw.
Thank you for all the replies, not necessarily free but at least sub $50 as finances are real tight and i am a "HE" lol!!!

Regards
Surreal
Well, then as said, Reaper, Reason Essentials, and I would add Tracktion.

I have been running Tracktion 7 on Xubuntu recently and have been very impressed with it. You can find Tracktion 5 licenses on eBay for $10.00 and then you can upgrade to 7 for like $30.00. It was super cheap and is a nice upgrade.

Thank you for the headsip.. will def check it out!!

Thanks Everyone!!

DJBuddhaBear wrote:
TACruise wrote:Reaper is very stable and after using Studio One extensively without a crash, it is also very stable.

Oh look another person attacking Reason because it isn't a 'real' DAW. :clap:
It's only on the radar of an extremely small handful of people compared to literally every other DAW. Not attacking Reason, it's simply a fact that ZERO major studios are producing music with it.

It's far more attackable on the premise of it having a closed-off plug-in format that is non-transferable or sellable = That makes it a joke, really. :clap:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”