T5 64 bit initializes, then closes, after demoing T7

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe this is my last newbie post (I hope)
- Installed T5 free 64 bit installed on my Mac (Mini, OSX Yosemite)
- Could not solve a problem uploading program names for a Waldorf MicroQ (separate thread).
and downloaded T7 demo thinking perhaps the later version of the software was the the issue.
- Able to execute the program name upload using T7, but not it had nothing to do with the version of
Tracktion but the file configuration, since I was able to upload the same file on my MacBook Pro using T5 Free
- However, now T5 free 64 bit will not open on my Mac Mini - the splash screen appears it starts 'initialising', then closes without warning. I have deleted the T7 application and even downloaded and reinstalled T5 -same result.
- Notice there is posting on their support page for the same issue but no further comment.

I guess I should just bite the bullet and spend the $30 on T7...but I'd like to demo it with T5 until I've got a better feel for it.

There's a logfile somewhere. It's in text format. It might give you a clue. Otherwise send it to support@tracktion.com

Its name is Tracktion5log.txt. Or 6 or 7. If the T7 demo will stay open, click the 'Help' button and then 'Show the Tracktion log file'.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Actually the Tracktion folks are already on the case. They did respond to my original e-mail about the program bank not loading and when I mentioned this issue, they asked me for those log files.

Update.
Tracktion folks suggested different ideas and tried to find something on log files but nothing obvious was amiss.

Completely unrelated, turned my Mac Mini off when leaving on a trip and back on ten days later. Now T5 seems to load fine. So a cold reboot (rather than a a system restart) has potentially remedied the problem.

Again, many kudos to Tracktion support for their attention and suggestions.

Return to “Tracktion”