Bitwig Studio 1.3.13

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Woot! I've not had the option to work on the system with the white screen issue, lately. But I'm glad to hear Bitwig's tackling it! Thanks, devs!

Quick question. Hybrid track with a FX Layer first (empty and mix at 100% to block any audio) and a Drum Machine after that. Playing a clip on that track and the audio is audible from the drum machine container even though it should be blocked by the FX Layer. Is this a bug and is it new with this build? I've never tried this before, so I'm not sure.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

EDIT: I'm going to send this project to support in case it's an issue.

I am still getting the white screen problem. Not sure what info you need from me. I am at work currently but can have a look at the project when I get home.

Pretty certain it was a very bare bones project. Win10 64bit.

powermat wrote:Quick question. Hybrid track with a FX Layer first (empty and mix at 100% to block any audio) and a Drum Machine after that. Playing a clip on that track and the audio is audible from the drum machine container even though it should be blocked by the FX Layer. Is this a bug and is it new with this build? I've never tried this before, so I'm not sure.

Forgot to add that I'm on Win10x64.

powermat wrote:Quick question. Hybrid track with a FX Layer first (empty and mix at 100% to block any audio) and a Drum Machine after that. Playing a clip on that track and the audio is audible from the drum machine container even though it should be blocked by the FX Layer. Is this a bug and is it new with this build? I've never tried this before, so I'm not sure.

Why should midi notes from your Clip get blocked by an FX layer? The audio output of the Drum Machine is after the FX layer. It's getting the MIDI in, and outputting the appropriate audio.

It seems you are saying you think the FX Layer should be blocking the input of MIDI notes to the Drum Machine. That is not the case.

-M

mholloway wrote:

Why should midi notes from your Clip get blocked by an FX layer? The audio output of the Drum Machine is after the FX layer. It's getting the MIDI in, and outputting the appropriate audio.

It seems you are saying you think the FX Layer should be blocking the input of MIDI notes to the Drum Machine. That is not the case.

-M
Audio, not midi. It's a hybrid track. Look at the meters between devices. The FX Layer should prevent audio in the path, no?

I don't think it's a bug.
In a track, audio is from the last possible source.
For audio track, it's the clip.
For midi, it's the last instrument.
For a hybrid track, it's the last last instrument also.

Not sure of all that, but it's the way I understood bitwig chaining.

Unfortunately I still experienced the White Screen issue on 13.3.13 RC-1 :(
*~ Trance ~*

On a positive note, the insanely unstable 1.3.12 is now stable on Win764.

I didn't install the RC for a reason just to see but this new version is not crashing the audio engine anymore.

Nice!

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

i have a question guys ! i have a sub bass part in midi that sounds good (slightly cliping at the output of the last plug in though. I bounce it to audio post fader : it sounds good as well. However, if i bounce it pre fader and adjust the new fader of the new track : and now i hear crackles and distortion on my sub bass : isn't bitwig supposed to record internally in 32 bit float ? how can distortion appear on the audio when just bouncing a track that sounds good to audio ? i don't understand, please if someone has an answer...

Moreover, in ableton if i take a sample, make it clip to death, freeze and bounce, and then i drop down the volume of the sample : i get no clipping and the same exact file as the original. In bitwig the sample gets his peaks all smashed. If bitwig uses 32 bit for audio bouncing how is this even possible ???

Analog sounding audio engine?

What do you mean ?

Serobliss wrote:Moreover, in ableton if i take a sample, make it clip to death, freeze and bounce, and then i drop down the volume of the sample : i get no clipping and the same exact file as the original. In bitwig the sample gets his peaks all smashed. If bitwig uses 32 bit for audio bouncing how is this even possible ???
Bitwig bounces at 24 bit, and they have said they will add 32 bit but gave no time frame.

* I should add, I'm taking about the "Bounce in place" feature on a track.
Last edited by billcarroll on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

No more white screen wooohooooo!!!

Return to “Bitwig”