Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Hi,

I found a bug when trying to save Generator Presets.
So far this happens with the Bass Generator, not sure if others are affected, too.

I made my first .gif to show whats happening. I just found out that I can save a title screen and let a timer run, so that it's easier to follow, I'll do that in my next .gif.

- it starts right when I type in "trapbass11" and try to save the preset

- preset is in the browser for that session, I can also see it on my hard drive [Documents>RapidComposerV3>Custom Phrases]

- I close RC and open it again

- Now the preset (and many others) is not showing up in the browser anymore. There are even complete folders like the "Thirds Run Generator" (there are presets in that folder) that are not showing up at all

- I show the location that I set in RC for Custom Phrases [Documents>RapidComposerV3>Custom Phrases] and I show that presets are in that exact location on my hard drive, RC just doesn't see them.

I use RC 3.05 on Win7, 64-bit.

Hi Jean-Luc,

This is quite a serious problem. I managed to fix the crash but it still behaves strangely when editing during playback (must be a race condition).
Thanks a lot for not just reporting this bug, but for uploading a composition file and giving instructions!

Best,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila,

Please help me, after a fresh reinstall , I m not able to unlock RapidC anymore- it keeps saying invalid key.
Thank you

Sorry- my bad!!!! I was using my old 2.XX key!!!!!
thanks

Hi Tanislas,
No problem! I am glad you found the reason for that.
Attila

Hi Attila,

Thank you for the update!

Not sure what this means, when I updated to 3.1, I received a strange error message:

"File Move Error

Error when moving files from AppData\Roaming\RapidComposerV3 to your Documents folder:
C:\Users\Studio\AppData\Roaming\RapidComposerV3"

3.1 appears to be working correctly so far, just wonder what this is referring to.

Thanks,
Forrest

From v3.1 the RapidComposerV3 directory (with settings, chord/scale/etc libraries) should be moved to your Documents directory.
RapidComposer moves the directory from the old location to the new one automatically when first started.
This failed in your case, not sure why.

Please move the RapidComposerV3 directory manually from
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming (type %appdata% into the windows search field to open this folder)
to
C:\Users\<name>\Documents (your Documents folder)

Please note the error message is wrong, I just realized it displays the source folder instead of your Documents/RapidComposerV3 folder.

Please let me know how it goes.
Attila

Hi Attila,

tried midi-import with 3.1 does not work for me on this file at all :(

I only get some chords for the first 8 bars, the rest is F11 for the rest of the track....

I have attached my settings (excluded nearly evrything cause otherwise not even scale will fit) and an import from another software called ludwig which works without problems on this one. Is this one just too complicated vor RC ?

Tried to attache the midi but thats not possible in here, so I can sent it to you by email if necessary.

Kind regards,

Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Richard,

please send me the MIDI file, I would like to have a look at it.
I think I can fix this during the weekend.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

Ok, I've moved the folder manually. Also had to making the changes on the Locations Tab. Seems to be working OK now.

Are there any other places I might need to manual update?

Thanks
Forrest

Hi Attila,

Never mind my last post on startup with two bars only, issue. I explored and found the new composition settings and changed the setting. Now its not hanging the app anymore, although with two bars startup which I am not sure how it got changed to, it was hanging the app.
System: Win10 Pro, Asus 2-in-1, Seaboard 49, Bitwig 3, Pro Tools, Babyface

Thanks for the feedback, goodplayer.
I don't know either how your settings changed.
Please note that from v3.1 all RC data files are moved to your Documents folder. Did you get an error message about the files could not be moved?

Sorry about the issues. I uploaded v3.11 now which addresses some folder migration issues.
Attila

Hi

I Havent used RC much lately but usually give the idea tool a test when I install a new update. A setting may have changed that I'm unaware of.

When I'm using custom phrases or samples, after generation its only populating 1 bar leaving the other bars blank. It also alternates between the phrases on regeneration instead of incorporating both (when for example 2 phrases are used)

I notice it has (32) in brackets after the phrases. That seems weird. i reinstalled and nothing has changed.
RC screen.jpg
update 3.11
windows 10

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Niggly UI bug (Pop-Up Help) with the Metronome button:-

1. Hover mouse cursor over Loop or Playback of Selected/Unselected phrases button; see the help pop-up appear
2. Move cursor to hover over Metronome button; pop-up help appears
3. Move along to hover over the 'Bar number' display/readout (no pop-up expected, none appears; that's ok..)
4. But now go back to hover over Metronome button - Result:- pop-up help never appears
5. Go back to other buttons (any). Pop-up help appears; go to Metronome button - voila! Pop-up help re-appears.
6. Repeat step 3 and 4 above - there's the issue; completely reproducible here.

Only seen this behaviour with the Metronome button so far. And of course, NO BIG DEAL Attila..! No need to rush to look at this.. :-)

(hadn't noticed this before - maybe been like this for a while...? :-))

I'm running the latest RC v3.11 on Windows 10 64bit

Cheers,
thebutler
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Hello thebutler,

this is not a bug but a feature :)
It is intentional that the pop-up help does not appear twice for the same UI element. If it appears and you close it by moving the mouse but leave it over the same element, it would be annoying to show the pop-up help again. So if you want to see the Metronome help again, you need to hover the mouse over another element that shows the popup help and get back to the Metronome button. I hope it makes sense.
If this is disturbing, a setting for that could be added.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”