how to load SYLENTH presets to reflect the preset's FILENAME?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys,

so basically, i'm super OCD when it comes to keeping my software and plugins clean and organized .. i spent a ton of time re-naming all the filenames of my presets so that they are visually appealing and easily readable.. for example:

this is how the filenames were (also how they appeared in the sylenth menu browser):

VANDALISM_LEAd_exaMple 1
vandalism_lead_EXAMPLE 2
Vandalism_Lead_example 3

this is how i renamed all the preset filenames on my computer:

Vandalism_LEAD_Example 1
Vandalism_LEAD_Example 2
Vandalism_LEAD_Example 3

I much prefer how i renamed all the presets, because, i mean.. come on.. look how nice and clean everything is lined up, easy to find, etc..

after going thru all the work to rename all the filenames on my computer, i went back into SYLENTH and clicked on "Load Preset", and imported the 500 renamed presets..

the problem is that the original, unformatted name is still there.. very frustrating.. I know you can individually click thru each preset on SYLENTH and change the name on the SYLENTH GUI, but that would be super redundant when all the file names are already perfect on my computer (not to mention it would be ridiculously tedious to click through each one and rename them all by hand, when i originally used the OSX software "Rename" to get the job done quickly and easily)

is there a way to import the clean, re-formatted presets into SYLENTH so that they all appear in the SYLENTH menu browser as the same format as the filename?

i would be so grateful for any help! much appreciated! thank you!

Same issue. Any solution?

Funny! I stumbled across this a year ago and ended up doing (almost) everything manually in Sylenth1.

If you load an fxp-file in Notepad++ (or even better [if you know what you are doing]: any editor that lets you see and edit file in HEX format), you see that the name of the preset is there in readable ASCII characters. I don't know why it worked one time and another time it didn't, but I used the search and replace process (for all files with the extension "fxp" and in a specific location) where I at least could unify upper and lower case.

You should in any case work on a copy of your presets! As I said and I don't know why, but it did not always work and in these cases, the search and replace action rendered the presets unreadable. Maybe I deleted some important character following or preceding the name.

I fear Sylenth1 itself is not able to help you with that.

vegaron wrote:Funny! I stumbled across this a year ago and ended up doing (almost) everything manually in Sylenth1.

If you load an fxp-file in Notepad++ (or even better [if you know what you are doing]: any editor that lets you see and edit file in HEX format), you see that the name of the preset is there in readable ASCII characters. I don't know why it worked one time and another time it didn't, but I used the search and replace process (for all files with the extension "fxp" and in a specific location) where I at least could unify upper and lower case.

You should in any case work on a copy of your presets! As I said and I don't know why, but it did not always work and in these cases, the search and replace action rendered the presets unreadable. Maybe I deleted some important character following or preceding the name.

I fear Sylenth1 itself is not able to help you with that.
Yes, I tried that the other day as well. Same issue. After saving, Sylenth1 couldn't read the preset and gave an error.

They must have changed something in the way Sylenth1 reads/writes presets. Before, I was able to just change the file name and it showed up accordingly in Sylenth1.

:help:

Hi,

In the next update there will be an option to use the preset filename instead of the internal filename while loading presets. This option will be available in the Config/Settings.xml file as follows:

<PresetFolder remember="1" path="" usefilename="1"/>

That should fix the problem!

Great to hear! Can't wait to organize these presets!

New update works great. Thanks! :tu:

Return to “LennarDigital”