Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi tboneUS,

thank you for the explanation. I realized this was an important feature, indeed supported by all DAWs.
I implemented this today in the RC way: as a variation that you can add to a track (or to a phrase). It is called "Delay Notes" and allows plus/minus one beat delay. Please let me know if you need more than one beat.
I can send you an update if you need it right now, otherwise it will be included in the next bug-fix update, expected in 4-5 days.

Thanks!
Attila
So... for the latest reply ever to a post :(

Thank you so much for this feature and the wonderful rapid composer. I had way too much going on in my life at the time so I forgot to thank you. The delay works just perfectly anytime I have to trigger guitar vst's or just as an effect. I found that adding another delay after the first gives more than one beat when needed but for triggering Amplesound VST's it provides enough delay to stop chords from stutering and also very handy for syncing external gear.. cheers
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

Hi Sean,
very good idea! I'll add such a shortcut in a next beta version.
Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thank you Attila ! That will save me a lot of time when i'am working on big orchestral scores.

Sean

Hi Attila , when the tracks are normal size I keep losing track of where middle C is on the keyboard , could you highlight it in perhaps a different colour ?

Thanks

Sean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Sean,
yes, I'll add that in the next beta version.
Thanks!
Attila

Hi Attila,
seems same subject, is it possible to make track control panel a little wide more?
or ability to resize it would be very helpful.

D'oh! ...i use this word a lot lately...
i tried first time since i have RC, it was there already..sorry!

i will not delete this post to keep as a reminder to myself ....try before cry! :D

Hi Yıldırım,
that is right, you can make the tracks wider by dragging the right edge of the "Timeline" or "Master Track" box. The mouse cursor does not change over the edge, I suppose that is why it is hard to discover this hidden feature.
Thanks,
Attila

But vertical zoom timeline can not be done)))))

Yes, that does not work (yet) :(

i think this is the proper place...

Happy holidays !
Merry Christmas !
Boldog Karácsonyt és Hanukát.

happy holidays ! :phones:

Happy holidays to everyone! :love:

Best wishes,
Attila

:hihi: Hello hello !! There is a thing(or 2 :hihi: ) from HN2 that I'd like to see ported. I have no idea how long or hard it could be but they are very nice little extra features. Some of the ideas here exactly like in HN2 and some are pushing them further.

Chords could be splited into different instruments. Send the different notes of the chord to specified channels. This allows you to try how the chords sound splitted in various instruments (band). Various selectable octaves for individual notes are a big plus (voicing presets?). I can see where it could be very usefull for big score composers, or little big bands to have one chord sent to 5 violins for exemple or 3 brass instruments, etc.

It was also possible to see the tablature for individual chords or complete progression or splitted into different instruments. You could actually print a tablature for individual chords, leads or showing 3 or more different instruments and what note(s) each instruments played to form the chord.Instrument one was playing first note of the chord, instrument 2 second note, instrument 3 the last note, etc. It could be made so that for exemple 5 notes chords could be splitted like lowest note: bass , 2 notes for first guitar(mid) and last 2 notes second guitar (treble).
Chord tabs and scales could be seen for 4 strings, 6 strings and 7 strings in HN2 on all possible places on the neck ( the usual chords) but also some original arrangements (random?).
It could be usefull to had 8 strings and 12 strings as well.

You can imagine how much it was a time saver not having to open my guitar chord book to search for all the chords they were all showing in nice tabs following the song a big plus in my case especially that I could set it for my 7 strings ( option for extra low or high string) it was actually better than the chord book. And printable made it cool also to paractice away from the computer.

That's a lot of stuff food for thoughts !!! Thanks for listening !
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Great requests, as always, Boone777! I added them to the to-do list so that they won't get lost in time.
v3.3 will be about reworking the chords selection, chord palette, progression editing, offering borrowed chords, etc.
I was planning adding guitar tablature to the master track for a long time. I am not sure if it will fit in v3.3, or maybe later.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Attila

i too would love to see the ability to split chords to different instruments.

i would also like to the arpeggiator generator be able to do chords as well as single notes. maybe alternately.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Return to “MusicDevelopments”