How to run Tracktion demo from USB/Standard windows account

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

Is there any way to run Tracktion on a windows computer without "installing" it? (e.g. Without needing the administrator password)
It doesn't have to be a licensed version, a demo would do fine. And it doesn't have to be the latest version, version 4 or later would be fine.
Whether I must install it to for example a USB key beforehand in my own computer and connect the usb key to the other computer every time or whether I must unpack it a set it up in a folder on the other computer every time is OK, as long as I don't need the other computer's administrator password to be able to use Tracktion on it.

Thanks for any tips.

Pssst!

Open the Tracktion installer with 7Zip

Copy the files (except $PLUGINSDIR) to the USB stick in a directory of your choosing, .

Run Tracktion.

Voila! :)

It's a shame I didn't get a notification about this, I'll check my settings.

Thanks so much for the tip. I have one question: If I do it this way will only the built in plugins be available? Or can I also include a few external plugins?

My pleasure! :) I don't like being bound by installers, so I always try to open them. Actually, Tracktion is 'self-installing' when run.

AFAIK you can scan in (or drop in) any plugins you'd like :shrug:

That sounds great! Am I right to think you completely set up Tracktion (e.g. a licensed version) without using the installer at all?
Also, when you say "self installing" do you mean it automatically configures and creates some subfolders and files in whatever folder it was extracted to?

Otolito wrote:That sounds great! Am I right to think you completely set up Tracktion (e.g. a licensed version) without using the installer at all?
Also, when you say "self installing" do you mean it automatically configures and creates some subfolders and files in whatever folder it was extracted to?

Yep! :)

When run Tracktion creates "C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Tracktion 4" if it doesn't exist. That's where all the data and settings are stored.

Return to “Tracktion”