Tassman 5, any words?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tassman

What is the purpose of the resonator, I'm not 100% sure, seems like some kind of reverb before the delay...

whyterabbyt wrote:And I bet some folk thought AAS couldnt cannibalise bits of Tassman any further
Strike that, this is basically cannibalised bits of Chromaphone, as an effect, isnt it. Sheesh.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

part of it comes from Corpus, which is included in Ableton Live Suite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQQvQKAw0iI

Last edited by mellotronaut on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It dreamed itself along"

sfxsound3 wrote:Image
Cool - Corpus revamped?

mellotronaut wrote:part of it comes from Corpus, which is included in Ableton Live Suite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQQvQKAw0iI
Yeah, but it (and Corpus(*)) are basically some of the modules from Tassman in a fixed configuration. They're still cannibalising Tassman, instead of advancing it.

(* and Chromaphone. And everything else they've done for over a decade.)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Yeah, but it (and Corpus(*)) are basically some of the modules from Tassman in a fixed configuration. They're still cannibalising Tassman, instead of advancing it.

(* and Chromaphone. And everything else they've done for over a decade.)
you're right.
nothing sounds better than Tassman, imo, but this import nonsense alone makes me :party:
"It dreamed itself along"

Trying to think positively... it could be that when it _does_ eventually arrive these updated modules (I don't recall a Formant knob anywhere on the current T4 interface) will be available in Builder..

.. which would be nice

Maybe they are going to use NI model and use Tassman (Reaktor) as the future building blocks for instruments as it was for Ultra Analog.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

whyterabbyt wrote:And I bet some folk thought AAS couldnt cannibalise bits of Tassman any further, and would have to release T5.
It's getting kind of embarrassing now.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Previous versions of Tassman were released at NAMM, and companies often show their smaller products first, so I predict-hope a Richard Devine sound bank for Tassman 5 Friday :pray:
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Companies also show small underwhelming products... and then don't show the anticipated bigger product at all, because they've not bothered to make it (looking at you, Apple).

Don't hold your breath ;-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Michael L wrote:Previous versions of Tassman were released at NAMM, and companies often show their smaller products first, so I predict-hope a Richard Devine sound bank for Tassman 5 Friday :pray:
There is that final hanging thread of optimism, sure I will join you this last time :)

More likely to be this though:

https://intellijel.com/new-partnership- ... ntellijel/

chuckwood wrote:There is that final hanging thread of optimism, sure I will join you this last time
More likely to be this though:
Well, there goes that final thread, and a bit of AAS credibility along with it.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

whyterabbyt wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
crystalmsc wrote:Richard Devine is going to show something new with AAS at NAMM, let's see!
let me guess; Lounge Lizard 5 with a new GUI and one new effect.
Hmmm. Looks like its just the 'new effect' part.

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/applied-ac ... dows-36069

And I bet some folk thought AAS couldnt cannibalise bits of Tassman any further, and would have to release T5. Keep dreaming....
They're going to keep wringing every possible penny out of that until there's nothing left. :roll: Shame really. If AAS stepped up and did a real update (not like what they've been doing) they could easily take their place amoung U-He, NI and Softube in the modular software world... but they don't. My guess is, at this point, they just don't have the capability. I don't even see anything about Objeq on their site.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Modular Synthesis”