CoreBass Pear Slides

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! Bought CoreBass Pear but can't figure out how to slide either up to or down to a note. It's not in the Manual. Checked there. I'm used to a velocity triggered slide but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Appreciate hearing from someone who also has the software and knows how to use it. Many thanks, Mark

Hello. You've probably resolved this already as it's been nearly a year, but as it took me some delving to figure it out, and perhaps others have the same question, I'll offer an answer.

In CoreBass Pear, low velocity triggers legato, not slides. Slides are triggered by holding the sustain pedal (cc#64) during the note transition. However, the AI also takes into account which string of the bass is being played, so of course you can't slide from a note on one string to a note on a different string. Unless the AI would already play the two notes you want to slide between on the same string, you must force them to be played on the same string by holding the proper keyswitch: the bottom four MIDI notes represent the four bass strings from lowest to highest, respectively. So the steps are:

1) Hold the keyswitch for the string you want the slide to be played on.
2) Hold the sustain pedal.
3) Play the initial note of the slide, then the second note of the slide, overlapping the the release of the first note with the attack of the second. The higher the velocity of the second note, the faster the slide will be.

While this is a bit more involved of a procedure than some other virtual uprights use, I believe it is more realistic as well. Hope this was helpful.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”