Upgrade discount for premier badge

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scotty wrote:Yes the upgrade pricing for early adopters and Badge holders is a great gesture. Nice move. I am surprised that they didn't do this off the bat.
1.X owners could always upgrade for €159 / $169 from the first day 2.0 was announced. What is new is the badge holder discount, which is nice and deserved (and I'm not even a badge holder).
thetechnobear wrote:if you don't have a badge , your better off buying a new license.
How do you figure?

From the BW site:
"The upgrade from Bitwig Studio 1 to Bitwig Studio 2 is priced at 159 EUR / 169 USD."

These are the prices to get 2.0:
1.0 Badge holders: €129 / $129
1.X non-badge owners: €159 / $169
Current full price before release : €299 / $299

So you would be spending an extra €140 / $130 on a new license if you already own BWS.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:
polishbroadcast wrote:He was referring to an offer from The Loop Loft which isn't available anymore now. They had it for $149.50 with a free upgrade to v2.
Ah. Got it. Thx. Wish I had seen that before it expired.

I'm a premiere badge owner so I should get 2.0 at 99US$.

Unfortunately they doesn't seam to like canadian money because 99US$ should be 130CAN$ but they ask me 151CAN$. :(

Jolaff wrote:I'm a premiere badge owner so I should get 2.0 at 99US$.

Unfortunately they doesn't seam to like canadian money because 99US$ should be 130CAN$ but they ask me 151CAN$. :(
Chances are that is the payment service trying to rip you off a bit on the currency conversion (as most banks & payment services do). I switched to USD currency and paid with my canadian credit card and I ended up paying about 135-140
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

toby wrote:
Jolaff wrote:I'm a premiere badge owner so I should get 2.0 at 99US$.

Chances are that is the payment service trying to rip you off a bit on the currency conversion (as most banks & payment services do). I switched to USD currency and paid with my canadian credit card and I ended up paying about 135-140
Well I wrote to the support and I got this answer :)
Hello Jonathan,

thank you for your e-mail.

I've looked into this, and it does seem that the exchange rate for Canadian dollars was a bit off other sources. This is handled automatically by our webshop provider, and at this stage I can't say why they set the price you found.
I've now manually reworked the CAD price. This gives an upgrade price of 219 CAD and a discounted price of 135.43 CAD.

Thank you for reporting this price inconsistency and I apologize for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Fredrik
...and that seams to be corrected on the website...

Thanks guys very nice indeed!

:D I bitched and moaned.
I tried to sell my BW 1.0 with badge.
When I got the mail I told my wife immediately I'm buying 2.0 haha, and bought it an hour later.
Honestly, this was a the best move BW. I'm sorry I was such a dick Dom.
I've been playing with 2.0 beta since I got it, and I must say it's a lot better than hoped.
Still, a few things could have been in 1.0, but the price is right now, for badgers at least.
My only gripe I have with 2.0 is the piano roll, that thing still needs work. And please think of Mac users, we need pinch zoom and some Touch-Bar love please(even if it j just exposes an API for us devs)! :D

Just a question though, now that I have 2 serial numbers for 1.0 and 2.0, does it mean I can run 1.0 on 3 machines and 2.0 on three separate machines (6 machines)?
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

If you buy the upgrade now, does the subscription countdown start?
Is there a date listed printed next to your license?
( I know it shouldn't start, but I've not read anywhere that confirms this is the case)

Do you get an extra 2.0 badge ? :)

Yes there is two dates. one for the release I suppose and then my purchase date. Also a purchase date for 1.0. this seems to have been added only yesterday. It does how ever say upgrade plan valid until 28 feb 2018 (same a s release) so buying into 2.0 beforehand does not lose you some days.

nope, no more badges. still only have premier and 1.0 badge
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

How do you go about getting the upgrade? I just have a standard Bitwig licence (no badge) and would like to upgrade. I logged in to my account, but can't find an upgrade price anywhere. Do I need to wait until it's released?

I wouldn't know that. I just followed a link in my profile where I copied my coupon code and pasted it at checkout.

Ah ok. Thanks for replying anyway. Hopefully it becomes clear when 2 is released!

Return to “Bitwig”