Anyone jumped ship / switched DAW this year?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tunafish88 wrote:So I couldn't resist the Samplitude Pro-X3 Suite offer for $199 and I'm slowly, and I mean SLOWLY, learning the program.
I can't even figure out where the iZotope Restoration and Repair Suite lives nor can I figure out where the 80GB of extra content installed to..... Nothing in the manual. I figured out where iZotope Nectar is and registered it.
I've got Samp configured and can do the basics but it has one heck of a steep learning curve compared to say Studio One.
Where was the $199 offer? That's pretty sweet. My biggest problem with Samplitude is the cost. I'm stuck at v10 because of the upgrade cost. It's cheaper for me to crossgrade to Sonar or Live.

Waveform to be released soon.
It looks interesting enough to be considered.
It has ARA and is multi touch friendly.
Not vectorized?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6683577

sluggo wrote:
tunafish88 wrote:So I couldn't resist the Samplitude Pro-X3 Suite offer for $199 and I'm slowly, and I mean SLOWLY, learning the program.
I can't even figure out where the iZotope Restoration and Repair Suite lives nor can I figure out where the 80GB of extra content installed to..... Nothing in the manual. I figured out where iZotope Nectar is and registered it.
I've got Samp configured and can do the basics but it has one heck of a steep learning curve compared to say Studio One.
Where was the $199 offer? That's pretty sweet. My biggest problem with Samplitude is the cost. I'm stuck at v10 because of the upgrade cost. It's cheaper for me to crossgrade to Sonar or Live.
Magix had a killer deal up till the first week in January 2017.
Pro-X3 Suite, Full Soundforge Professional, iZotope Repair and Restoration Suite, iZotope Nectar Elements, Birdline Skins Premium Package all for $199.

Price has always kept me from Samplitude but at that price at least for me it was a no brainer. So I did finally figure out the answers to my questions.

The iZotope Repair and Restoration Suite shows up only under SoundForge.
The extra content is a separate download that can be downloaded to any location and installed in any location. Most of it is the Independence Libraries which don't show up until you start Independence and then add the library, which it doesn't find so it will now download it all for you.

So far, I'm liking it.

I moved from FL Studio 12.3 to FL Studio 12.4 this year.

brainzistor wrote:I moved from FL Studio 12.3 to FL Studio 12.4 this year.
That's big move. Were you able to get all your samples and loops and projects ported?

incubus wrote:
That's big move. Were you able to get all your samples and loops and projects ported?
:lol:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

:clap: Nuff INTERNET for today that was funny .

incubus wrote:
I think you'll get this one:

Faaaaaaake!
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Project 5 is starting to not work for me due to it being 32 bit and so many of the sample libraries I like to use bump up against that limit quickly.

I picked up Bitwig in the recent sale as a potential replacement.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Bitwig is very good. I have no idea if can help you with your problem. I find the browser ok, but lack of rex support is very irritating.

P5 didn't (natively) support REX natively either, so that's not really a problem for me because it's not part of my workflow.

I can't say I am in love with Bitwig at this point, but I didn't fall for P5 at first sight either.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Moved from FL 12 to BItwig.
Incredibly happy with the switch and only regret not moving sooner.

Can FL do all the same stuff?
Yeah, all the fundamental things. But almost everything is easier to do in BW. Everything is less clicks or more intuitive or much more natively supported. FL would require lots of thinking and setting up multiple tracks and creative routing to do what BW has built-in.
Plus the more structured GUI works much better for me.
I also really like the consistent tool look & feel. All the Image Line tools look different and don't have a consistent design and/or interface model. BW has the Ableton style where all the tools have the same UI.
Last edited by iHartBeats on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iHartBeats wrote:Moved from FL 12 to BItwig.

Yeah, all the fundamental things. But almost everything is easier to do in BW. Everything is less clicks or more intuitive or much more natively supported.
Actually, that's the feeling i have mostly, when using Studio One vs. Cubase. Why do i still stick to Cubase then? Hm, the GUI is better. It's funny sometimes. You nevermind 2 or 3 clicks more, when the GUI just ticks with you. Rationally, most stuff i do is easier in Studio One. That's probably why i keep both. :)

chk071 wrote:
iHartBeats wrote:Moved from FL 12 to BItwig.

Yeah, all the fundamental things. But almost everything is easier to do in BW. Everything is less clicks or more intuitive or much more natively supported.
Actually, that's the feeling i have mostly, when using Studio One vs. Cubase. Why do i still stick to Cubase then? Hm, the GUI is better. It's funny sometimes. You nevermind 2 or 3 clicks more, when the GUI just ticks with you. Rationally, most stuff i do is easier in Studio One. That's probably why i keep both. :)
I'm in the same boat. I use Cubase more although I found S1 easier and with more organised workflow.

I also begin to use FL Studio. I bought 2 tutorials from Groove3, one of them is about making a first song while the other about drums, which demonstrates the many powerful tools that I know nothing about. Still sometimes I found myself starting Live and enjoying the session view in capturing the different musical ideas.

They are all very capable DAWs anyway and I can do music in any one I mentioned easily, although I'm trying to make Cubase my main DAW ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”