Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New update #2.04:

Requires Bitwig 1.3.15+

* New: Smoother value updates
* New: Track scrolls into view when selected

E.D.L. wrote:Haven't used them, moss. Has nothing todo with the internal beatstep sequencer. It happens without any touch to the start/stop-buttons. Fresh start of Bitwig, Beatstep and your script ...

I tried it on another machine - the same. I unplugged other controllers (Launchpad and Roland A-49) and tried to run beatstep and your script only - no change. I tried different step sequencer resolutions and bpm ... it happens always and the traces seems to come completely randomly.

My launchpad script has also a step sequencer included ... this kind ofrunning led works flawless on the launchpad, but it's of course a completely different script code.
Sorry, no idea. I tested again and cannot reproduce the problem.

Ok ... I analysed the code a bit and watched the button color changes via println (in Grid.js -> Grid.prototype.lightEx). Everything is fine there.

So I think it's my Beatstep hardware (firmware?). It seems that sysex messages will be randomly ignored or get lost. so I tried to send the sysex messages for pad color 0 twice (in Grid.js -> Grid.prototype.setPadColor). this works! No more traces ... :)

BTW:

I also "hacked" the DrumView.js to get a sound while adding steps. Works so far ... but unfortunatly this plays the sounds also while removing a step.

Code: Select all

DrumView.prototype.updateNoteMapping = function ()
{
      var note = ( this.offsetY-36 ) + this.selectedPad;
      Scales.PIANO_MATRIX =
      [
          note,  note,  note,  note,  note,  note,  note,  note,
          note,  note,  note,  note,  note,  note,  note,  note,
          -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, 
          -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1
      ];
      this.noteMap = this.model.canSelectedTrackHoldNotes () && this.isPlayMode ? this.scales.getDrumMatrix () : this.scales.getPianoMatrix ();

this.surface.setKeyTranslationTable (this.noteMap);
}; 

Time for a last 1.3.x release before we jump into Bitwig 2 fun:
  • Fixed: Some issues with discrete parameter changes.
As usual get it from my homepage: http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

WARNING:
I just pushed the latest code to GitHub which now supports the new v2 API.
https://github.com/git-moss/Beatstep4Bitwig

This version is NOT compatible with 1.3.x! If you are on the Beta list feel free to give it a try.

There are still some regressions in the API, which are documented here: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... regression

So please look there first before reporting bugs.

Hi Moss

I am trying out the v2 beta 2 with your latest v2 only script
but the bsp and the bs don't start playing the sequences
although I can press pads and here sounds

what am I doing wrong ??

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

turbo_kev wrote:Hi Moss

I am trying out the v2 beta 2 with your latest v2 only script
but the bsp and the bs don't start playing the sequences
although I can press pads and here sounds

what am I doing wrong ??

cheers
kev
Can you please describe exactly what you are doing and try to achieve?

Hi Moss

in beta 3 the BSP has started working

but the Bs wont start, its as if no clock signal is be received
I can put it in control mode and the pads work, but the sequencer doesn't start

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi

and now in beta 4 I have the same problem with the bsp

cheers

turbo_kev wrote:Hi

and now in beta 4 I have the same problem with the bsp

cheers
The clock is no longer started by the script in v2! You need to enable it in Settings -> Synchronisation.

Hi Moss

the clock is enabled in the settings on both bsp and bs

Hi Moss

Now I defiantly have the correct script

but I am getting a strange problem

if I make a new project in BwS 2 b4
and click play, the bsp doesn't seem to be receiving a clock signal
I can twiddle the knobs and play sounds via the pads
but the sequencer doesn't start .

but if I shut down the audio engine and restart it, then everything works as normal

cheers
kev

turbo_kev wrote: if I make a new project in BwS 2 b4
and click play, the bsp doesn't seem to be receiving a clock signal
I can twiddle the knobs and play sounds via the pads
but the sequencer doesn't start .
but if I shut down the audio engine and restart it, then everything works as normal
No idea, works fine for me. Maybe you should report it on the Beta list.

Now it's the time for an official release after we celebrated the Bitwig Studio 2.0 this week:

#3.00
Requires Bitwig 2.0.
  • New: Since Macros are removed the Device mode now contains the track parameters on the first row
  • New: Press Shift+6th pad to add a device before the currently selected one
  • New: Press Shift+7th pad to add a device after the currently selected one
  • Fixed: Midi channel of drum sequencer on Beatstep Pro (was 11 instead of 10).
  • Fixed: After using the browser the Shift view was displayed

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently rewriting the framework for all my scripts. Therefore, there will be no updates or bigfixes. However, I noted all of your comments.
Cheers!

HI

I am using an arturia minv
and want to midi learn some of the knobs with my bsp
but when I try this nothing happens

1. select midi learn on the mini v
2. click one of the knobs, and it says learning
3. put bsp in control mode
4. twiddle a knob on the bsp
5. nothing happens

do the same again only this time use my bs 1
and it all works

what am I doing wrong on the bsp?

cheers
Kev

Return to “Controller Scripting”