Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Hi, I have a problem with controlling vst parameters that have fixed values (like on/off) with Push 1 in Bitwig. No matter for how long I turn the knob, the value doesn't change and I have to do it with the mouse.
Is there a way to change this in the script ? For the record, I only have this problem with vst's. The native fx/instruments seems to work fine !
Maybe this question has been asked already, but I couldn't find the answer.

Thanks !!

I downloaded latest version of script (for Bitwig 2 beta)
I noted that display of metronome volume was added
In testing this function (shift pressed knob 9 turned),it gibberish was displayed, and it did not actually change the metronome value
Am I missing something,i or is there a update to this coming

Bitwig 2 with the Push 2 is amazing, thanks for all the new features. I'm wondering if we can expect FX / NoteFX subchains to be accessible from Push in Bitwig 2.

reflex58 wrote:I downloaded latest version of script (for Bitwig 2 beta)
I noted that display of metronome volume was added
In testing this function (shift pressed knob 9 turned),it gibberish was displayed, and it did not actually change the metronome value
Am I missing something,i or is there a update to this coming
Yes, that is an open (reported) bug. Another one is that all Groove parameters are broken too.

Nevermind... sorry.
Nothing to see move along... :D

I seem to be having trouble with the v2.0 scripts from the github.

Script loads up and my push 1 screen has the correct data from whichever project, but the rest of the controller is dark and unresponsive.
Also with github script, BWS cannot auto-detect my controller. This has been going on for the last couple of weeks. When beta was freshly out the 2.0 github script at that time was working fine.

No errors in console.

If I load up the stable 1.3.15 script back into bws2.0 and everything works great with no issues. auto-detect is fine too.

Can I help troubleshoot this in any way?

Any chance for note length, velocity and microtiming editing from the sequencer with Push in v2's API?

WOW this thing is amazing!! Script and Push2 - blown away with it all!

I have a couple of head scratching things but i'm sure it's just user-stupidity at this moment!

1) Clips keep going out of time. I kinda helped it by making a loop in the arrangement that was exactly 4 bars and that solved the main issue. But when i press "play" on the Push2 often things are out of time again. Pressing play TWICE seems to reset it back to time. (the blue triangle in arrangement resets too) Why do i need to press twice? can't it just go back to the start of the clip as i'd expect?

2) In drum mode step sequencer, i can't see any moving bars. Sometimes i see it quickly whizz past but it all seems random. Think i'm doing something wrong maybe , but looks so simple on the videos :-) I'll keep playing...

anyway big THANK YOU to everybody involved in making this script - amazing work!!!! so happy. :-)

best
DALE

lokid wrote:I seem to be having trouble with the v2.0 scripts from the github.

Script loads up and my push 1 screen has the correct data from whichever project, but the rest of the controller is dark and unresponsive.
Also with github script, BWS cannot auto-detect my controller. This has been going on for the last couple of weeks. When beta was freshly out the 2.0 github script at that time was working fine.

No errors in console.

If I load up the stable 1.3.15 script back into bws2.0 and everything works great with no issues. auto-detect is fine too.

Can I help troubleshoot this in any way?
Not sure, what's going on. However, I was pretty busy this week and could not even test with the final 2.0. I will try to push out an "official" release over the weekend.

R7P wrote:Any chance for note length, velocity and microtiming editing from the sequencer with Push in v2's API?
I am pretty optimisitic about note length and velocity to appear in the near future, since this is already in the API but buggy. Don't know about microtiming.

askewd wrote:WOW this thing is amazing!! Script and Push2 - blown away with it all!
Thanks Dale!
askewd wrote: 1) Clips keep going out of time. I kinda helped it by making a loop in the arrangement that was exactly 4 bars and that solved the main issue. But when i press "play" on the Push2 often things are out of time again. Pressing play TWICE seems to reset it back to time. (the blue triangle in arrangement resets too) Why do i need to press twice? can't it just go back to the start of the clip as i'd expect?
Can you please give a step-by-step explanation what you are doing and what is going wrong? I am not sure if I understood what your problem is.
askewd wrote: 2) In drum mode step sequencer, i can't see any moving bars. Sometimes i see it quickly whizz past but it all seems random. Think i'm doing something wrong maybe , but looks so simple on the videos :-) I'll keep playing...
There is still the problem that you need to click on a clip with the mouse the first time you open a project to make the sequencers work.

Hello Moss

This is in reply to my post regarding Push2 and Bitwig2 track colours.

My apologies for putting in the wrong forum, after I realised my mistake, I was unsure on how to correct it.

I have since discovered the version 8 script on GitHub which allows for the coloured track. I have further visited the url for the additional scripts you very kindly mentioned.

On a personal note I am amazed and very grateful at the amount of work you have done on this pairing of Push and Bitwig. Very many thanks and my apologies once again.

Regards

shutthatdaw

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi. Just downloaded the script (http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html (http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html)) for my Push 2 and installed it on Windows 10 using the instructions on Github. (https://github.com/git-moss/Push4Bitwig ... stallation (https://github.com/git-moss/Push4Bitwig/wiki/Installation)) Also installed the JDK, so that I can get the screen working, and followed the installation details on Github.

Unfortunately, when I run things via the Bitwig with Push 2 icon that is now in my Windows Start menu (running Windows 10 and Bitwig 1.5) I get the following error:

"Windows cannot find 'bin\javaw.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

The text in the Command Prompt window that shows up is as follows:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Controller Scripts\Push4Bitwig\push2display>start "" "bin\javaw.exe" -cp "*" push22bitwig.Push22Bitwig

Any ideas on how to correct this?

p.s. The script works fine in Bitwig using the original Bitwig boot command, but the screen will not work because the Java portion is not being activated first.

Hey Moss, i've spent the day with the Push2 and your excellent script. Going to write some thoughts and suggestions here. On the whole, I've enjoyed a lot, but also experienced many frustrations once attempting to do anything 'real'. I understand this is mostly down to me fighting against the learning curve, but maybe some are genuine points to consider, or bugs. (sorry if they are known bugs.) So... here goes [in no particular order]

- Push2 display App - Could a tick box be added so that the user has the option to automatically hide the app (and close the terminal window) once launched. ? I have it in my startup items so it boots automatically when i turn the mac on... would be even nicer if i didn't actually see it.

- Push2 knobs very sensitive in the browser. Is that always like this or can it be changed? I found it quite hard to 'land' on the preset i wanted. Also, in the browser (on the push2 screen), there was often no cursor?

- Setting in preferences "display cross fader on tracks" does not seem to do anything.

- Stopping clips by pressing stopclip button and then the top row of buttons works, but wouldn't it be more intuitive to allow holding stop clip and pressing a clip?

- The big red line that keeps appearing (in session view) is confusing me. I realise it means the track is armed for recording but still finding it disruptive on my eyes and brain. It looks like a row of clips. Is this red line really needed? what purpose is it serving?

- I think double-tap StopClip to stop ALL clips would feel intuitive.

- Undoing 'duplicate track' results in no track selected, could it please go to the one before it?

- I've had different and seemingly random behavior from pressing the delete button. Sometimes in session mode it does nothing, some times it deletes entire tracks. I'll read the manual again on this but initial feeling is that something is not working quite right. Can I suggest the idea of holding delete and tap the track, to delete a tack? (like how it currently deletes clips in session mode, which feels nice). And could that works same in all modes.

- Undoing recording automation didn't fully clear the automation data, if pressed while the sequence playing.

- Is it possible to go 'into' a drum kit and edit the individual cells from the push2?

- 64 drum mode - can unused cells be dark grey/off looking? rather than yellow please?

- duplicate clip - is this possible without having to go into the session view?

- Delete clip - is this possible without having to go into the session view?

- after *holding* quantise, could you please make it return to the mix/previous view upon tapping it again?

- What is the quickest way to double clip length *without duplicating* the initial content?

- Sometimes in drum mode the step sequencer plays the wrong sound. Ie you select a drum and put some notes on the step sequencer - but it's playing the wrong sound.

- sometimes i press overdub to record the sounds i am jaming with - but infact the wrong track is selected in bitwig so it records into the wrong clip. Maybe thats user error, but very frustrating. Is there a way to stop this happening?

Sorry for the big initially list. I'm sure there will be more over the next couple of days too. I really want to use this push2 for real work, just need to fully get my head around it.

Best
Dale

askewd wrote:Hey Moss, i've spent the day with the Push2 and your excellent script. Going to write some thoughts and suggestions here.
Wow, lot's of good ideas and questions.
askewd wrote:- Push2 display App - Could a tick box be added so that the user has the option to automatically hide the app (and close the terminal window) once launched. ? I have it in my startup items so it boots automatically when i turn the mac on... would be even nicer if i didn't actually see it.
There is hope to integrate that thingy into Bitwig directly. Stay tuned.
askewd wrote: - Push2 knobs very sensitive in the browser. Is that always like this or can it be changed? I found it quite hard to 'land' on the preset i wanted. Also, in the browser (on the push2 screen), there was often no cursor?
Yes. I am waiting for a fix on this. Before I had a slow down mechanism on that but that also caused issues.
askewd wrote: - Setting in preferences "display cross fader on tracks" does not seem to do anything.
That's only relevanbt for Push 1.
askewd wrote: - Stopping clips by pressing stopclip button and then the top row of buttons works, but wouldn't it be more intuitive to allow holding stop clip and pressing a clip?
Good idea.
askewd wrote: - The big red line that keeps appearing (in session view) is confusing me. I realise it means the track is armed for recording but still finding it disruptive on my eyes and brain. It looks like a row of clips. Is this red line really needed? what purpose is it serving?
Hmm, that's how it is also with Ableton.
askewd wrote: - I think double-tap StopClip to stop ALL clips would feel intuitive.
Anopther good idea.
askewd wrote: - Undoing 'duplicate track' results in no track selected, could it please go to the one before it?
That's a bug I need to report to Bitwig (and forgot several times).
askewd wrote: - I've had different and seemingly random behavior from pressing the delete button. Sometimes in session mode it does nothing, some times it deletes entire tracks. I'll read the manual again on this but initial feeling is that something is not working quite right. Can I suggest the idea of holding delete and tap the track, to delete a tack? (like how it currently deletes clips in session mode, which feels nice). And could that works same in all modes.
There are some functions missing to do that. The first that appeard now is for clips. All other situations are currently depending on the focus in Bitwig.
askewd wrote: - Undoing recording automation didn't fully clear the automation data, if pressed while the sequence playing.
Yes, another Bitwig issue. Undo is not really working during recording. Please contact them if that is by design.
askewd wrote: - Is it possible to go 'into' a drum kit and edit the individual cells from the push2?
Yes, press Select+Pad or enable the Auto select feature in the settings.
askewd wrote: - 64 drum mode - can unused cells be dark grey/off looking? rather than yellow please?
Hmm, not sure, maybe as an option.
askewd wrote: - duplicate clip - is this possible without having to go into the session view? - Delete clip - is this possible without having to go into the session view?
No. How would you want to trigger that?
askewd wrote:- after *holding* quantise, could you please make it return to the mix/previous view upon tapping it again?
Good idea.
askewd wrote: - What is the quickest way to double clip length *without duplicating* the initial content?
You would need to remove the notes or change the clip length in Clip mode.
askewd wrote: - Sometimes in drum mode the step sequencer plays the wrong sound. Ie you select a drum and put some notes on the step sequencer - but it's playing the wrong sound.
Can you give a step-by-step explanation how to reproduce that?
askewd wrote: - sometimes i press overdub to record the sounds i am jaming with - but infact the wrong track is selected in bitwig so it records into the wrong clip. Maybe thats user error, but very frustrating. Is there a way to stop this happening?
I tried to make the track follow the clip but that was buggy and caused more problems than it solved. I need to check that again if might work now.
askewd wrote: Sorry for the big initially list. I'm sure there will be more over the next couple of days too. I really want to use this push2 for real work, just need to fully get my head around it.
If it is such constructive stuff keep it coming :-)

Return to “Controller Scripting”