Automation Not Working..

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a link to a short video I made of Tracktion 6
Track one, first track pan automation
Track two, second track pan automation
As you can see nothing starts working until I add a new point.
I can then see the automation moving in the pan slider but not the plug-in itself
Am I the only one who is having this issue?
If this was a third party plug-in I might think ok, it doesn't like it but this is a Tracktion 6 built in plug-in FFS.
I emailed TSC but I've not had a reply so I'm hoping someone here can pick up on this cos I'm starting to get to the point where I'm not having fun any longer.

http://youtu.be/QzBsaWfovrg

Dave

Confused me at first, with there being no clips on the tracks.

Just tried putting Pan and Vol automation on separate empty tracks on 6.0.23 and there was movement on the plug-ins, but when I started the track from the beginning, the pan and vol positions in the plug-in didn't start to follow the curve changes until a little way into the track. I also had a problem trying to move one or two of the points, because when I clicked on them, all I got was repositioning of the play marker.

When I did similar with content on the track, the movement in the plug-in reflected the curve all the way through, even for the parts of the track without content. This was on an added automation track, which might have made a difference.

If I get time later, I'll see if I can isolate the circumstances that make it not react all the way through.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

on OSX there is something going wrong, I assigned a controler to volume of the level plugin, but on the panel properties, no controler is assigned !
But if I click midi learn, the controler is assign to volume.
I don't even manage to erase that assignment.

Dave Wiz wrote:I can then see the automation moving in the pan slider but not the plug-in itself
Dave
Sorry? In your video I can clearly see movement in the plugin.

frankvg wrote:
Dave Wiz wrote:I can then see the automation moving in the pan slider but not the plug-in itself
Dave
Sorry? In your video I can clearly see movement in the plugin.
At the beginning of the video, no sliders are moving even if there are automation datas.

Done a bit of investigating.

I've added automation tracks in an edit to tracks that have some sort of content and when I do this, the value of the curve is displayed at the right end of the track as it changes. Stopping and starting the playback allows you to compare this displayed value with whatever value the curve should be where playback line is and the position of the pan or volume on the plug-in.

It all seems to behave just as it should using the automation tracks.

Then I added a Volume line to a track (i.e; the track itself, not an automation track). When I played it from the beginning, the Volume didn't change at all in the plug-in. But it did act on the sounds.

I don't know if this is in line with anyone else's findings. It looks to me as if the problem is only on the display on the plug-in and only if the automation curve is on the track itself and not in its own automation track.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Hi guys and thanks for the replies.
I got an email from "Woody" yesterday so now there is some communication going on I feel a little happier but no better off.

Here is a link to a new video showing a new T6 project and the duplication of automation lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPz-BtawLjU

May I point out that this was done manually as you can see so that there would be no influence from any attached peripherals, launchpad, mixer, keyboard ruling out any mixed midi signals.

You have some really funky stuff happening. Did woody suggest to ditch the settings file? Otherwise I wouldn't know what could cause it. As long as they have your specs, they'll try to track it down.

Hi Dave, are you using the 6.0.23 beta? I have a feeling this is a bug we fixed in that release.
I think what is happening is you have a rack in your Edit (even if it isn't on any tracks) which contains a volume/pan plugin. The automation curve for this track is being shown rather than the volume/pan plugin on the track.

Hence the missing track name prefix from the curve titles, e.g. "Track 1 >> Volume and Pan Plugin >> Pan".
As I said, this should be sorted now.

Tracktion Version 6.0.19 The version that was in the forum posts on March 4th
I've just gone and downloaded the .23 beta version and installed it and it seems to be working now.
I'd got to thinking that I was the only user that this was affecting as no one flagged it previously.
Maybe I was? Anyway it seems to have cleared it (for now)
How did a rack get in there in the first place?
I don't have time right now to do any extensive testing until later this evening but thanks for the answer mate.
And thanks to all the other guys who pitched in as well.
Happy days

Make sure your Automation Read button is selected as solid green in your Transport. It's the second button to the left of the Play button. This solved the problem for me.

Stop resurrecting ancient threads.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Tracktion”