What feature should be implemented in Bitwig 2.1? Melodyne ARA?

Official support for: bitwig.com

What feature should be implemented in Bitwig 2.1?

ARA (Melodyne integration)
21%
Comping
24%
Sampler improvements (timestretch)
55%

Total votes: 67

RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:Of the 3 listed, the sampler would be my choice... but time signature automation is more important to me than any of those 3.
Yea verily. If you're talking about the ability to have multiple time signatures in the arranger. This has been a basic feature of music for several hundred years. It's more than a bit embarrassing that Bitwig, a name I'm assuming is a play on Ludwig, as in Beethoven, doesn't have it.

ARA would be nice though. At least for those that own Melodyne.

First instrument/vocal edit comping before pitch correction ara integration. Ara is great but i would first recommend comping. You can still use melodyne not just integrated part

What i want to see in Bitwig?

Is the ability to have sends & bus channel plugin in the inspector panel as shown in the main channel.

Logic, studio one has a great integration of this.

Isn't it amazing to be able to click a main ins / audio channel and then immediately have the ability to open the plugin in send instead of having to click unhide on the send tracks, browse through countless of channels and open it again ?

Very time consuming and irritating to do.

Screenshot for clarification.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SOKRVT wrote:What i want to see in Bitwig?

Is the ability to have sends & bus channel plugin in the inspector panel as shown in the main channel.

Logic, studio one has a great integration of this.

Isn't it amazing to be able to click a main ins / audio channel and then immediately have the ability to open the plugin in send instead of having to click unhide on the send tracks, browse through countless of channels and open it again ?

Very time consuming and irritating to do.

Screenshot for clarification.
Also send sidechain like that in studio one? To be honest i use studio one mainly and i have yet to discover whats amazing with how it handles buss and sends. Slow imo also i yet to discover what you show in studio one.. busses are sent via audio out to buss. You can send via sends also but only good for parallel processing. And the inspector also splits and you have to drag meny to decide what u wanna see because inspector is packed in studio one

"having to click unhide on the send tracks, browse through countless of channels and open it again "

why not assign a shortkey to the project level fx tracks ?

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

You can do that, but you still have to browse through the channels to open the plugin window.

I would vote for all three, but I really want to see ARA integration for Melodyne (as well as comping).

Sonar's newest update, "2017.02", includes this: "When comping with Melodyne, cropping clips updates the region shown in Melodyne’s window—SONAR’s advanced ARA (Audio Random Access) integration makes it possible."

Yes, I can't wait for ARA in Bitwig!!!
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

T71 wrote:Softube Console 1 integration.
this, and ARA

Yes ARA would be great but there is currently no promise that Bitwig will get ARA, and no evidence that they get feature requests from this forum. Take a moment to submit a feature request to support or vote up this comment in Q&A.

https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/11 ... ntegration

I remember the first time I heard of melodyne ARA. Just wow. Now years and years later? Just meh.

First off, you really need the full version to do anything other than make lame t-pain type stuff. Second, it's not really helping many musicians to make great music (or necessarily any at all) ... seems to be a bragging-rights thing today.

I voted for comping because it's a logical step. I'd really REALLY also like to see better time stretching (in the sampler as mentioned) because it adds the most musical need other than comping.

Yeah I voted for time stretch as well, however, I still want either ARA or rewire (which allows for transport sync between Melodyne/Nectar/Autotune). Nectar is cheap and is very useful for small corrections.

But anyhow this poll doesn't mean anything unless we get the message to the Bitwig devs.

solid core functionality
reliability

pdxindy wrote:solid core functionality
reliability
Yes. It may not be sexy, but in the end, it would sell more programs.

Return to “Bitwig”