Receptor - why is it twice the price in the UK?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The press release said it was MSRP $1599 USD. I've already seen it in US shops for $1,399.

So why is it priced at £1399 in the UK? This works out at over $2,500!! :shock:

I know the MSRP is the 'suggested' retail price, and they have most likely added VAT on top of this....but this is nearly twice the price for us UK buyers!! :?

Are people aware they could buy a top of the range pc for that price?? Why would ANYONE buy this when they can buy a brand new pc ... shit you could even get a good laptop for that price.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote:Are people aware they could buy a top of the range pc for that price?? Why would ANYONE buy this when they can buy a brand new pc ... shit you could even get a good laptop for that price.
Yes they are... and we've had that discussion over here. No one is forcing you to buy it you know.... :wink:
This forum is for people who are interested nevertheless and try to find out what this thing can do (or not do).

I'm intrested in an answer on the prize issue too.....

Traditional 'one quid per buck' UK pricing.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Traditional 'one quid per buck' UK pricing.
That's the punishment for not getting the (bloody) euro! :D
"One euro per buck" would be a much better deal IMO!

RWA wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Traditional 'one quid per buck' UK pricing.
That's the punishment for not getting the (bloody) euro! :D
"One euro per buck" would be a much better deal IMO!
Still being charged 20% more then.

Why not just give good solid pricing? Most of kvr is european, youd think muse would have seen this as a large potential customer base and done the extra research?

Or is there something I am missing !?

IT'd be cheaper to buy it in the states and have it shipped over.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Only the deeply stupid will buy it. May as well skin 'em for all they're worth.

Amberience wrote:IT'd be cheaper to buy it in the states and have it shipped over.
.... and plug a 110 V machine into yer 220 V power supply.... that should be fun! :D

Oh wait.... the freakin' plug won't even fit into the powersupply at all! :-o

Not wise to get hardware gear that far away from home IMO.

Anyway!
The prize difference might be a mistake for all we know.... but the answers down here have high latency. Maybe it's a forum-driver issue. :roll:

Return to “Muse Research and Development”