UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

liv wrote:What kind of sounds would you like to see for Falcon?
Innovative, cinematic, powerful, dark, moody, sinister sounds that make use of the synthesis features within Falcon and are not sample based.

RobGee wrote:
Innovative, cinematic, powerful, dark, moody, sinister sounds that make use of the synthesis features within Falcon and are not sample based.
:tu:

maybe something Nin-esque?

dance, trance, cinematic
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

waltercruz wrote:
RobGee wrote:

+1 to both of the above!
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

evilantal wrote:
waltercruz wrote:
RobGee wrote:

+1 to both of the above!
Anyone else into this?
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

The complete MOTU Mach 5 V3 library.

Well that one won't happen, not from liv. :D

(BTW you can already use that library in Falcon, however you have to own MF3 to get it.)

EvilDragon wrote:(BTW you can already use that library in Falcon, however you have to own MF3 to get it.)
But only bad - it's hard ilok only.

Well, that's how it was at the time so it ain't going to change, since MOTU holds the rights to that library AFAIK, not UVI.

EvilDragon wrote:Well, that's how it was at the time so it ain't going to change, since MOTU holds the rights to that library AFAIK, not UVI.
I wonder what dissolved the business relationship?
My guess is UVI decided they could better market the tech.
MOTU sell so much hardware it's hard to say they're invested in software, besides DP of course.

That's as good a guess as any, I'd say. Certainly sounds plausible.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to drop midi files/ grooves onto the arp like in omnisphere?

focusrite wrote:Can anyone tell me if it's possible to drop midi files/ grooves onto the arp like in omnisphere?
Yes Falcon has a midi player, which is different than the arp.

Hey UVI, are we going to see any more updates in the future? It's been a long time, don't you thing?

OK I don't know where or if there's an official Falcon forum, but in the meantime.. .

I regularly run into issues with MachFive3 libraries disappearing from Falcons browser. Since UVI do not go the way of NI and use the OSX browser to find missing samples, it's not really surprising that the Falcon browser shows empty folders in my MachFive3 library directory. So the only solution becomes reloading the Falcon instance, after all the usual, checking to see that the iLok is being recognized etc.

I had this a bit with MachFive3 as well, sometimes the built in browser in M53, and subsequently Falcon it seams does not recognize a file path, gets amnesia etc.

Return to “Instruments”