Shreddage IBZ and Metallica guitar tone. Please help me!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all. I'm quite new to guitar vst! I'm trying to cover an old Metallica's song (Fade to black) but i'm not satisfied with the guitar sound.It's too muddy and different from the original tone. I've tried with some free amps
(Legion, Lecto and many others) with IR LOADER (and Metallica's IRs from B.Gelais stuff)..nothing, the tone sucks! Maybe i'm doing something wrong with fx chain\eq but. Is there anyone that can help me please? I'm using FL Studio as sequencer and I've Amplitube 4.I would like to achieve this guitar sound (it starts at 3:20 in youtube video).

https://youtu.be/8sG3jFuzjWM

Thanks to all.

I can't quite help you with this but... to further flesh out the tone, you'll have to play around with EQs a lot.
There's a thread that could possibly help you on the forums, viewtopic.php?f=176&t=373264
Anyway, good luck in your quest, perhaps someone has a better answer for you.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Hi Eletronichaos, thanks for the link, i will take a look to it! I think Metallica used Marshall jcm800 and g12 65 cabs for their old albums to achieve 'ride the lightning' guitar tone..I've tried this combination but mine is still not the same. I've also tried matching eq (with isolated guitar tracks from fade to black song)..nothing.. :D

Is there any button for RR reset on Shreddage IBZ pages or it can be triggered via keyswitch only??

The reset RR button is in the first tab under "advanced".
And yes, you can edit its keyswitch value in the settings (bottom of the plugin)
Simply said...

Tank Eletronichaos, yes I've found it...for guitar tone I was wrong with fx chain.

I opened a new thread for the problem I have now but a weird message of Kvr says something about spam, so if it doesn't matter I post it here.

I have problems with squeals. In articulations page the pinch is set to min.vel 127 max.vel 127 but id doesn't trigger at all. I use Fl Studio. On D#7 it plays a normal note even with vel. at 127.

I have some issues with portamento notes too and with bending more of one note at a time. Is this articulation related to single notes only?

Sorry for my english!

How high are you trying to play those squeals ? Because I believe the haven't been recorded on all the frets.
(I think they stop around C5... or D#7 if you're writing with the legacy system (powerchord at the bottom, single notes starting @ C6)
Also, you might wanna hit the "remove conflicts" in the articulation tab, just in case...

Portamento only affect single notes that I know of. (Ask Zircon for more info on this.)
Simply said...

Return to “Impact Soundworks”