Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah, got it: you need to put the commented section above any dependency :) Why is it commented?

Thanks a lot for your work

Vincenzo

vincenzoml wrote:Ah, got it: you need to put the commented section above any dependency :) Why is it commented?

Thanks a lot for your work

Vincenzo
I have the Bitwig JARs checked in the local Maven repo.

So it's good to go?

incubus wrote:So it's good to go?
Huh?

Works quite well! Except *I* can't find a way to make aftertouch work, but I had this issue already with the javascript controller script.

moss wrote:
Huh?
All the tech stuff throws me. There seemed to be some talk that something isn't working quite correctly, I'm simply asking if it's ready yet.

incubus wrote:
moss wrote:
Huh?
All the tech stuff throws me. There seemed to be some talk that something isn't working quite correctly, I'm simply asking if it's ready yet.
Yes, works fine. So far I only got one error report about the broken aftertouch which will be fixed in the next version.

When you have a git commit for that fix, let me know.

Vincenzo

moss wrote:
incubus wrote:
moss wrote:
Huh?
Yes, works fine. So far I only got one error report about the broken aftertouch which will be fixed in the next version.

I don't DO aftertouch, so brilliant here :cool:

I hate to be the densest dumb-ass ever, but I'm not sure where/what to get here.

Is this already included in bitwig? The reason I ask is because the download seems to imply that it's for 1.3/2.0 , and I'm not sure if that is correct.

incubus wrote:I hate to be the densest dumb-ass ever, but I'm not sure where/what to get here.

Is this already included in bitwig? The reason I ask is because the download seems to imply that it's for 1.3/2.0 , and I'm not sure if that is correct.
It is not included in Bitwig. You need to download it from my homepage:
http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
See the Wiki which is linked from that page for installation instructions.

Get the DrivenByMoss extension for all the latest goodness.

Well, I seem to be a dunce. I don't get what I'm supposed to do with it :shrug:

incubus wrote:Well, I seem to be a dunce. I don't get what I'm supposed to do with it :shrug:
That's why I write documentation and even installation instructions...
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/wiki
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... stallation

Hello!

I've been happily playing with the Launchpad Pro now and defenitely find it better than APCMini, thou, I miss the faders a bit I must say. Anyways, a big big thank you to Moss, once again!!

Here's my thought and discoveries so far.

Launchpad Pro (3.00)

BUGS?
- Duplicate (clip) doesn't work
- Script seems to block sometimes Bitwig receiving notes from another USB midi keyboards or something weird there's happening
- Drum Seq: How does the "mute/solo/exists states" work?
- Aftertouch doesn't work (I think this is already been reported)

Ableton

I think the Ableton script has some good native behaviour that would be logical in Bitwig, if the API allows, of course.

- Record (Start/Stop recording) Could this behave like in the Ableton script instead of recording on the timeline? Start/stop recording on empty selected clip on armed track OR overdub. I'd think with a pad controller you record to clips much more often than to timeline, right?

- Shift + Record could then Create an empty clip & Enable overdub

- Double could then be used to Double Clip Content (Shift + Double could be 'play' as now, thou not very logical)

- Duplicate as in Ableton

- Select clip in Session Mode (w/ Shift -> Select clip). And in Drum Sequencer this would select "quietly", without triggering a note, a drum chain/cell

- Track Control: Momentary press/release would take you back to the previously used view, not to Session View (Limitation in Bitwig API?)

- Clip led blinking could go with the project tempo

- Blank User Mode View (For custom mappings or light shows)

Some other thoughts..

- Volume (Track Control): Double the resolution (2 vertical views, moving up or down with the arrow keys if needed) or a way to limit/choose the range (For eg with the scene buttons instead of master volume). Currently the dB changes are quite dramatic.

- Device Mode: Select Next/Previous device. (This in the < > arrows and device page change to up & down arrows) + On-screen notification with Device name.

- Record button color in off state could be other than red (white for eg, as Shift button). That red keeps telling me something's recording when it's not.

- Track Control: Mute and Solo colors could be as in Bitwig: Solo > Yellow, Mute > Orange.
Also the color contrast between selected and not selected state on the bottom row of the grid could be more obvious (in Record Arm, Track Select, Mute and Solo) What if the off state color for all were the dimmest white (gray) and on state the current designated color?

I hope I'm not being a pain in the butt here :roll:
Cheers!! :party:
Last edited by mgawwww on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Update day!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

# 3.1
  • Launchpad Pro: New: Keep the Duplicate button pressed and select a clip in session mode to duplicate it
  • Launchpad Pro: New: Keep the Duplicate button pressed and select a pad from the 1st row when a track mode is on to duplicate the track.
  • New: Opens browser for inserting a device if none is present on a track
  • New: Cursor up/down in device note moves to the next / previous device
  • New: The Duplicate button (with no other button pressed) now always duplicates the first selected clip on the current track.
  • Fixed: Could hang in Shift view.
  • Fixed: Aftertouch was not working in Play mode.
  • Fixed: Switching back from Drum 64 mode did not work and the Extension needed to be restarted

Return to “Controller Scripting”