Open Sound Control (OSC) is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

afaik he just optimized the transmission of the OSC data as a bundle. Wich later also was integrated by moss in OSC4Bitwig. I doubt there are much other differences left.

Thanks Suloo!
When i look at the code a lot is similar yes. but there may be fondamental difference that make the voice303 script update the lemur correctly (I thought it does not work anymore...but finally it work, i think i made a bad configuration last time) . slowly but correctly.
i tried to compare lemur4bitwig and the up to date osc4bitwig script. i tried to find why one update and the other no on the lemur.
i guess there is something in the concatenation of the data. i suppose and i try to compare the lemurwriter and the oscwriter . there is a a "trieget" fonction (if it's a function, dunno) that is not in the os4bitwig one and a "sendoscgrid" to...perhaps it's the clip part made by voice303 ...
for know i continue the touchosc template for OSC4bitwig...want to finish it before looking at that deeper.

Hi Moss!
i have one question.
how to access the 16 drumpad name. i was enable to have 8 of them by the "/device/layer/{1-8}/name"
but not more.
is it included yet in the script or not ?
thanks!

zengel wrote:Hi Moss!
i have one question.
how to access the 16 drumpad name. i was enable to have 8 of them by the "/device/layer/{1-8}/name"
but not more.
is it included yet in the script or not ?
thanks!
1 drum pad is technically only a sub-layer, which are monitored in groups of 8. If you would want to have all 16 you would need to increase that number but would then also have all layers in groups of 16.
In the Push script, the screen display 8 pads and if you select one of the other 8 pads the group is changed.

New update #3.12

Requires Bitwig 1.3.15+

* New: Track scrolls into view when selected
* New: /quantize Quantizes currently selected clip

Has anybody tried to make a connection beween OSC4Bitwig and a webbrowser?

I'm thinking using osc.js that support osc through websockets could work?

/thomas

pretty sure this would work. There is also stuff like this: https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-osc

So an HTML 5 app in the direction of the Liine Lemur app would be possible.

Now it's the time for an official release after we celebrated the Bitwig Studio 2.0 this week:

#4.00
Requires Bitwig 2.0.
  • Send
    • Added /browser/filter/{1-6}/wildcard
    • Added /track/{1-8}/canHoldAudioData
    • Added /track/{1-8}/position
    • Added /device/layer/{1-8}/color
    • Added /device/param/{1-8}/modulatedValue
    • Added /project/name
    • Added /project/engine
    • Renamed /browser/preset to /browser/result
    • Removed /device/common/...
    • Removed /device/envelope/...
    • Removed /device/macro/...
    • Removed /device/modulation/...
    • Removed /user/...
  • Receive
    • Added /preroll {0,1,2,4}
    • Added /undo
    • Added /redo
    • Added /track/{1-8}/color RGB({0..1},{0..1},{0..1})
    • Added /browser/device/before
    • Added /browser/device/after (same as /browser/device)
    • Added /project/{+,-}
    • Added /project/engine {1,0,-}
    • Renamed /browser/presets to /browser/preset
    • Renamed /browser/devices to /browser/device
    • Removed /device/common/...
    • Removed /device/envelope/...
    • Removed /device/macro/...
    • Removed /device/modulation/...
    • Removed /user/...

Hello!

I'm excited to try the controller script. I'm using Bitwig 2, are the install docs still accurate?

This section,
Select Add controller manually and choose Open Sound Control -> OSC.
Select a midi input port. It is not really important which one you choose because it just used to insert midi notes into Bitwig received as an OSC command. Best thing would be to use a virtual midi port.
There's no option to select a midi input port, just a device. I tried adding a virtual device through OSX midi setup, but I'm still not having any luck. I checked to see if any servers were running, I don't see any. Any tips getting this set up on Bitwig 2 on OSX (Sierra)? Thanks!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Ah, ok. I needed to add a virtual midi controller, instuctions here: http://donyaquick.com/working-with-midi-on-mac-os-x/ (http://donyaquick.com/working-with-midi-on-mac-os-x/)

I'm having other connection issues, TouchOSC doesn't seem to be getting messages through after I set up the network ports. I'll keep poking at it.

To celebrate the Bitwig 2.1 release, here is the matching OSC4Bitwig version!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

# 5.00
Requires Bitwig 2.1.
  • New: Written now in Java.
  • New: Replaced isQueued with isPlayingQueued and isRecordingQueued

nice, gonna try to revamp the lemur app then some time this summer!

thanks a lot moss!

Trying to get this working on linux with TouchOSC w/ BWS 2.1

I have tested the "Simple" layout working with the purr-data client, and it worked

I set up using a virtual MIDI port, and set the IPs up (I tried both 127.0.0.1 and the local IP for the server field)

When I try to map a fader to a control in the interface, the mapping process just hangs.

Perhaps I am missing a step? I tried installing per the wiki instructions, but no dice (just one file to copy over right?)

Also not clear on what it means to "resatart the script", but I have just been restarting bitwig after changing IP settings

EDIT: I figured out that I need a proper layout file for OSC.. duh.. Doing some twekaing to it now for my device, but another question arose.. The only way to get the names to refresh on the device tab in the example is to switch banks. Is there a way to force refresh those names?

dangersalad wrote: EDIT: I figured out that I need a proper layout file for OSC.. duh.. Doing some twekaing to it now for my device, but another question arose.. The only way to get the names to refresh on the device tab in the example is to switch banks. Is there a way to force refresh those names?
Why do you need to resend the parameter names if they did not change?
You can request to flush out all variable but that causes quite some data burst: /refresh

Just when you thought it was dead there is an update to TouchOSC! It finally allows to disable to send a message on button release!
In the DrivenByMoss extension I uploaded yesterday, there is an updated TouchOSC template, which uses that features. Therefore, buttons are now finally working as intended.

Return to “Controller Scripting”