GRM Tools issues in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, I think it's definitely a bug and I have contacted support. I'm just not confident it will be confirmed and fixed before I need to have the project finished. I might need to switch everything out to Studio One.

You might try having a look at the Bitwig log files , I'm running on Linux here so I'm not sure of the path specifics ( someone can chime in here ). On Linux the path for these files is ~/.Bitwig-Studio/log/ and the 2 files are BitwigStudio.log and engine.log. The engine.log gives the most debug info for plugins etc. So now you want to restart Bitwig and replicate your original problem, then check the log files, perhaps posting the text to some pastebin linking it here.

Thanks for that, I'm out of the studio now but will give that a shot tomorrow.

When you say it stops bouncing at half the way maybe try switching off loop for the clip you are rendering. Because when loop is on it renders twice the size and maybe grm tools does not like looping. Just a shoot in the dark.

i ve tested bouncing a track with grm evolution (i'm on PC) and i can confirm it doesn't work for rendering purposes

Maybe try to load the tool into something like Plogue Bidule or any other vst plugin host and see if that works?
There are also free ones.
In some cases that solved the issue for me.

It is my impression that Bitwig does not always send the correct signals for all plugins when bouncing...

Cheers and good luck!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thanks everyone. I've had confirmation from Bitwig and INA-GRM that they're now in contact about the issue and they're going to keep me posted, so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Hello

There are new versions of GRM tools (3.7.2) for PC/MAC

don't have tested yet if those problems are resolved

Changelog : i can translate if needed, as i'm a french guy :)

Version 3.7.2
Bugs :
- BandPass : choix du banc d'agitation pour Gain
- Equalize : reset aux valeurs par defaut
- crash dans FL Studio
- crash si une connexion internet n'est pas disponible

Version 3.7.1
Nouveautés :
- AAX & RTAS : nouvelles pagetables pour console S6

Bugs :
- Freeze : crash lors du chargement de sessions utilisant une version plus ancienne
- Equalize : bug lors du déplacement global avec elastique
- désactivation après certains bounces

Thanks for posting! Yes, GRM were extremely helpful and fixed this bug for me, so can confirm it's now all working as it should.

Try changing the plugin hosting mode, with luck that might change some things. Also try with a different buffer size, I have had bugs appear at certain buffer sizes only a few times.

Taika-Kim wrote:Try changing the plugin hosting mode, with luck that might change some things. Also try with a different buffer size, I have had bugs appear at certain buffer sizes only a few times.
Hi!

I was a bug with GRM Tools confirmed by the developer. It's since been fixed. Thanks though!

Oops great! Didn't read the whole thread :)

Return to “Bitwig”