Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

moss wrote: Uh, damn. Forgot to update it. Please redownload.
Downloaded... and problem fixed. Thanks moss!

Forgot to add another request:

Moving clips in session view. Is this possible through the API?

I cannot 'enter' either Kontakt, Reaktor, KK or Battery instances by pressing the leftmost top row button to get access to more than eight parameters. The display of my Push 2 says "Please create a Device Layer..." instead. Works with any other internal or 3rd party instrument I have (which are not that many, but including Massive and Absynth). I really like the new navigation of the script, but this has me baffled. Am I just missing something regarding this Device Layer creation?

(deleted by author)

pstare wrote:Forgot to add another request:

Moving clips in session view. Is this possible through the API?
Sorry, no.

Hi moss,

Just an idea. May it be possible to have an option to use the arrows (Push 1) change clip/slot selection when the grid is in note mode?
This, paired with "select track when selecting clips" in the Bitrwig preferences, cuold potentially solve the problem of having clip selection not in sync with track slection.
What do you think? Is this doable?
That wuold be ace!

Cheers!

PS: momentary session mode sometimes doesn't work as expected.

Could somebody be so kind and test if my findings (three posts above) are a limitation of the script at this moment or whether I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!

Vathek wrote:Could somebody be so kind and test if my findings (three posts above) are a limitation of the script at this moment or whether I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!
Tried it with Kontakt, result like you described, "Please create ..." message.

Vathek wrote:Could somebody be so kind and test if my findings (three posts above) are a limitation of the script at this moment or whether I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!
Sorry, I don't own any of the vsts you're having problems with.

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure whether I had messed something up as this used to work at one point.

moss, I suppose this happened when you switched to the new navigation (which is brilliant btw), is this something that could be fixed relatively easily?

Vathek wrote: moss, I suppose this happened when you switched to the new navigation (which is brilliant btw), is this something that could be fixed relatively easily?
It is pretty complicated. The problem applies to all VST plugins which have multiple audio outputs like Kontakt. They appear as layers like with Bitwig instrument layers but you first have to add them manually. To do so click on the double arrows left of the search field in the VST plugin.
But this does not fix your problem. In previous versions I had a key combination to get to the parameter view but that was also not obvious.
I will look into this but this might take some time.

Interesting. I kind of assumed it would have to do with the multiple layers of parameter ID's with these NI plugins (like host automation id's in Kontakt etc), didn't think of multiple audio outs. Is this a design flaw on the Bitwig side of things or is there a good reason for that behaviour?

Is there perhaps a way to map the the little page switching arrows next to the wrench symbol on the preset page drop down to anything (on the Push or anywhere really)? That would be somewhat of a workaround, even if just page by page rather than with direct access.

Some more requests I hope will be possible to address or at least think about:

1. Can we please have an option to ignore deactivated tracks completely so they don't show up in the mix view and the deactivated track's clips don't show up in session mode? Makes the whole workflow of bouncing a track to audio and deactivating the original midi track cumbersome because it takes up room in session view.

2. Is there a way to have a "collapse grouped tracks" option in session view only? If I've grouped a few tracks together because they all need to be sidechained together, but I still want to sketch out / jam out some combinations using the session view, I can't do that, because the session row for the group basically just activates "scenes" in that group. I've found it very very difficult to long-press out of the group to see the top-level session clips... if you want to switch drum patterns while you're playing around with some grouped melodic clips, it's almost impossible to do it even with the default quantize-to-bar setting.

3. Can we please please please change the colour of the track header button to something like white, or anything really (maybe green) to show the currently selected track? Having them all yellow means that when in Volume mode in mix view, it's nearly impossible to see which track is selected currently.

4. Shift-lock or something similar whereby you can lock the knob sensitivity to very fine instead of having to hold down shift. Holding shift is extremely un-ergonomic for right handed knob-twisters.

5. Playing clip color in session view -- can it please be the actual clip color, but flashing? I know that clock sync is not possible which is devastating to me, but if we could at least fix the colors it would be easier to see at a glance what's playing, rather than remember that that slot was probably a "red" clip underneath.

6. Is there a way the device view could "remember" which device was previously selected? So that if you hit Mix to adjust some volume things, then want to jump back to where you were, it would go back to the device you had selected before (and even into instrument layers or whatever other deeper levels of nesting had been present).

7. Tap Tempo option in settings, so that the button functions as "UP ONE LEVEL". The long press makes sense in terms of symmetry and intuitiveness, but is such a workflow killer I can't even use the Push 2 to navigate devices and tracks or groups that have layers.

Either that or an option to set the threshold of the long press, so that a really short press goes one level down, and a normal press goes one up.

pstare wrote: 1. Can we please have an option to ignore deactivated tracks completely so they don't show up in the mix view and the deactivated track's clips don't show up in session mode? Makes the whole workflow of bouncing a track to audio and deactivating the original midi track cumbersome because it takes up room in session view.

5. Playing clip color in session view -- can it please be the actual clip color, but flashing? I know that clock sync is not possible which is devastating to me, but if we could at least fix the colors it would be easier to see at a glance what's playing, rather than remember that that slot was probably a "red" clip underneath.

6. Is there a way the device view could "remember" which device was previously selected? So that if you hit Mix to adjust some volume things, then want to jump back to where you were, it would go back to the device you had selected before (and even into instrument layers or whatever other deeper levels of nesting had been present).

7. Tap Tempo option in settings, so that the button functions as "UP ONE LEVEL". The long press makes sense in terms of symmetry and intuitiveness, but is such a workflow killer I can't even use the Push 2 to navigate devices and tracks or groups that have layers.
+1

6. + Give the mix/volume button a momentary function

7. (Imo) use the in/out button as alternative navigation method (since we can select the clip portion to edit in the bottom right corner of the grid).
I like it fast. As fast as possible. Waiting is boring and breaks the flow.

I don't think there is an in/out button on the Push 2.

+1 to Mix/Vol having a momentary function!

Return to “Controller Scripting”