KonTakt Player

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded and installed SLIDE Lap Steel, SLIDE Acoustic and Evolution Mandolin as per instructions. When I open Kontakt 5 (Komplete Ultimate 11), I see Evolution Mandolin in the player, however SLIDE Lap Steel and SLIDE Acoustic are not visible. I have to search in the files for them.

Not having and other non NI products, I'm new to this so am I doing something wrong or it's the way it is ?

Bob
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

SLIDE Acoustic / Lap Steel are not Kontakt Player libraries. You got no serial number for them with your purchase and you have not to added them with Native Access / Serial Center.

Greg states on OrangeTree's site : "Full version of Kontakt Required".

hydemusic wrote:I just downloaded and installed SLIDE Lap Steel, SLIDE Acoustic and Evolution Mandolin as per instructions. When I open Kontakt 5 (Komplete Ultimate 11), I see Evolution Mandolin in the player, however SLIDE Lap Steel and SLIDE Acoustic are not visible. I have to search in the files for them.

Not having and other non NI products, I'm new to this so am I doing something wrong or it's the way it is ?
I'm still working my way through support emails, so I'm not sure if you already sent me an email about this.

Both SLIDE libraries don't license the free Kontakt Player, which is why they require the full version of Kontakt. Kontakt's libraries tab is reserved for licensed Kontakt Player instruments only, which is why you have to manually load the SLIDE libraries instead of accessing them from the libraries tab like with Evolution Mandolin.

If it's any help, Kontakt has a Quick Load feature that lets you organize your Player and non-Player libraries into one convenient place. Here's a video tutorial on how to get that set up: https://youtu.be/H22XLWXv18c
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Yes I have "Full version of Kontakt Required"
I did add Evolution Mandolin with Native Access / Serial Center. So I'm confused here... if SLIDE Acoustic / Lap Steel are not Kontakt Player libraries, then I can I still add them with Native Access without a serial number? or just open the files manually?
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Kontakt's libraries tab is reserved for licensed Kontakt Player instruments only
You have to open them manually...

Yes, you would just load them directly in Kontakt, and not through Native Access. To load those instruments, you would click on the disk icon at the top center of Kontakt's window, "Load...", and then open the .nki instrument file for the respective library you want to load.

Of course, it's not as convenient as the libraries tab, which is unfortunately reserved for only instruments that license the free Kontakt Player. The Quick Load panel is a nice alternative, fortunately, and in some ways offers better organization than the libraries tab.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

"Both SLIDE libraries don't license the free Kontakt Player, which is why they require the full version of Kontakt. Kontakt's libraries tab is reserved for licensed Kontakt Player instruments only, which is why you have to manually load the SLIDE libraries instead of accessing them from the libraries tab like with Evolution Mandolin."

OK I think I get it..It's the libraries that don't license Kontakt. Using the Quickload puts them in one place. The video tutorial explained it perfectly.
Thanks, Greg
Bobn

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”