Acoustica 7 is Here – Now for Mac and PC!

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With the premium edition do the plugins like Verberate also work outside of Acoustica?

Hi!
aMUSEd wrote:With the premium edition do the plugins like Verberate also work outside of Acoustica?
Unfortunately not -- they are only available inside Acoustica.

Best,
Stian

Love the update, great stuff!

I went to the acon page today and saw that 7.02 is now out, which I hadn't realized. Is there a way to get update notifications and view changelogs?

Any chance there'll be a sale or coupon for Bias Peak switchers?

Thanks!

Henbane wrote:Love the update, great stuff!

I went to the acon page today and saw that 7.02 is now out, which I hadn't realized. Is there a way to get update notifications and view changelogs?
Yeah, change logs or release notes are very much appreciated.

stian wrote:Hi!
MogwaiBoy wrote:Nice!

Can you do...

- Fades (various kinds, ie: linear, logarithmic)
- Insert silence
- MP3 export with text embedding

?
Fades and insert silence is there. Regarding MP3, do you mean ID3 tags? That's currently not implemented, but it's on the to do list. We'll switch to LAME now that MP3 is patent free and add tag support as well. I hope to have it all in v7.1.

Best,
Stian
Adding the ability to edit MP3 tags would be wonderful! I purchased the new Version 7, but since I always save each project as both WAV and MP3, and Version 7 can't save MP3's yet, I'm continuing to use my Version 6 for now. Stian, roughly when do you expect to release Version 7.1?

Hi guys!
Henbane wrote:Love the update, great stuff!
vectorwarrior wrote:Yeah, change logs or release notes are very much appreciated.
Thanks -- I'll see if we can link the change logs from the web site -- maybe the download section?

Here's the current change log:
7.0.1 Initial release

* Fixed: Changing resolution in Encoder settings when choosing "Save As..." had no effect
* Fixed: Keyboard focus lost after clicking on toolbar

* Added: LAME MP3 export on Windows and Mac with additional quality settings
* Fixed: Unable to load files larger than 4 GB on Windows due to incorrect file existence check (regardless of file format)
* Fixed: WMA and AAC encoding didn't work on Windows 7
* Fixed: Unable to load W64 files with data chunk larger than 4 GB
* Fixed: Settings windows appeared behind Analysis window on Mac
* Fixed: Closing analysis settings windows prior to analysis window caused crash on Mac
* Fixed: VST search directory editor did not close along with audio plug-in manager on Mac

We plan to integrate update notifications or at least a "Check for update" menu item under help.

Best,
Stian

analogcabin wrote:Any chance there'll be a sale or coupon for Bias Peak switchers?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, we don't have any campaigns for BIAS Peak switchers. I'm not a big fan of aggressive campaigns aiming at competitors products, but this case is a bit different since Peak is now discontinued. I'm not sure how we could validate the Peak licenses, though...

Best,
Stian

Hi!
RealToLogic wrote:Adding the ability to edit MP3 tags would be wonderful! I purchased the new Version 7, but since I always save each project as both WAV and MP3, and Version 7 can't save MP3's yet, I'm continuing to use my Version 6 for now. Stian, roughly when do you expect to release Version 7.1?
Thanks, there were problems with the MP3 export under Windows 7 and OS X, but these issues should be fixed in v7.0.4. ID3 tags aren't supported yet, but we'll add that prior to 7.1 as well. We'll continue to release bug fixes and smaller updates and plan to release version 7.1 with new functionality this fall.

Best,
Stian

I'm currently looking for a new wave editor since I'm trying to de-Adobify my tools and move away from Audition.

I've been testing at least 10 different wave editors and stumbled on Acoustica. I love the clean, customizable UI!

But I have a few big feature requests that I'm really missing from Acoustica:

1) The pretty much standard upper left/right corner "drag button to create fade in/out" which is in just about every DAW out there is missing. I create fades _all the time_ and the fact that in Acoustica I have to 1) select region 2) press ctrl-f 3) fiddle with a slider 4) press ok is not the way to go in 2017. For example in Audition you can do all this in one click by dragging the corner to select the region and fade curve steepness (derived from the drag x and y axis) and then release to apply.
It's extremely simple, fast and intuitive. Really, *really* wish Acoustica would have this.

2) I would love to be able to have the option to have a default processing chain loaded up whenever I load the program. I pretty much 100% of the time end up loading an EQ into the program, so having this automated would save a lot of time. Really like that you can save chain presets - but don't like that you get a file system browse window instead of a quick menu of presets for the program. For some reason the trial version always opened the browse window in a location I didn't save my presets at, so I had to labor to the right location every time I wanted to open a preset...

Anyway, really like everything else about this program and I feel like with workflow enhancements like the ones above it could easily stand way ahead of competitors like Wavepad, Goldwave, Wavelab etc.! So great work, Stian!

Hi!
Liero wrote:I'm currently looking for a new wave editor since I'm trying to de-Adobify my tools and move away from Audition.

I've been testing at least 10 different wave editors and stumbled on Acoustica. I love the clean, customizable UI!
Thanks, that's highly appreciated!
Liero wrote:1) The pretty much standard upper left/right corner "drag button to create fade in/out" which is in just about every DAW out there is missing. I create fades _all the time_ and the fact that in Acoustica I have to 1) select region 2) press ctrl-f 3) fiddle with a slider 4) press ok is not the way to go in 2017. For example in Audition you can do all this in one click by dragging the corner to select the region and fade curve steepness (derived from the drag x and y axis) and then release to apply.
It's extremely simple, fast and intuitive. Really, *really* wish Acoustica would have this.
Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at how they've solved this in Audition and see what we can do.
Liero wrote:2) I would love to be able to have the option to have a default processing chain loaded up whenever I load the program. I pretty much 100% of the time end up loading an EQ into the program, so having this automated would save a lot of time. Really like that you can save chain presets - but don't like that you get a file system browse window instead of a quick menu of presets for the program. For some reason the trial version always opened the browse window in a location I didn't save my presets at, so I had to labor to the right location every time I wanted to open a preset...
I've filed a bug entry regarding the last folder issue and we'll get that fixed quickly. Loading the last chain at start-up would be easy to implement as well. Regarding a preset menu, we could do something along the lines of the preset handling -- having a standard folder for chains where you can save chain files and create sub-folders that appear in a drop-down menu for quick access.
Liero wrote:Anyway, really like everything else about this program and I feel like with workflow enhancements like the ones above it could easily stand way ahead of competitors like Wavepad, Goldwave, Wavelab etc.! So great work, Stian!
Thanks again -- I'm very glad to hear that.

Best,
Stian

PS:
Here's the fade functionality in Audition so you don't have to look for it yourself: 8)

https://youtu.be/3KzTEtm3PX0?t=35s

Liero wrote:PS:
Here's the fade functionality in Audition so you don't have to look for it yourself: 8)

https://youtu.be/3KzTEtm3PX0?t=35s
Thanks! :tu: I just tested Audition. I'd prefer to do it slightly differently and have fade options in time region selections so that you can quickly fade in / out anywhere in the clip. A ProTools style gain control (like their clip gain) would make volume changes a snap as well -- without being as intrusive as the gain control in Audition.

Best,
Stian

Yes! It would definitely be best if the fade "handles" appeared in the left and right corners of every selection you make - not just at the start and end of files. Perhaps something Acoustica could make even better!

Liero wrote:Yes! It would definitely be best if the fade "handles" appeared in the left and right corners of every selection you make - not just at the start and end of files. Perhaps something Acoustica could make even better!
Good to hear that you agree! I've added this on our to do list and hope to get it into v7.1.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”