UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

There is a sale on expansions?

Edit- never mind I see that I need a code. Anyone got one they are not using? (PM me, thx.)

So I just installed the 1.4 update (OS X) and all went as expected, but then I noticed this "Extras" folder and inside it something that says "Install_Rex 1_7 Library".

My question: Does this Rex stuff get installed automatically when one runs the main Falcon installer or does one have to initiate this installation separately?

Also, what is it? Are these Rex loops? Are there loops included with Falcon? If so, where does one find them?

Thx,
Babz

thejonsolo wrote:There is a sale on expansions?

Edit- never mind I see that I need a code. Anyone got one they are not using? (PM me, thx.)
The sale ended yesterday afaik, that's what was specified in the email I got, sorry. I used my code yesteday as it was the last day.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

SJ_Digriz wrote:Surely you still don’t comprehend how the system works. The idea of having default controls is not viable period. Halion doesn’t have them, Kontakt doesn’t have them etc... There is a reason.. However you can map your controller to exposed macros and automation. It’s just YOU have to do it and save it per patch.

The one thing that I do think is a good idea is to add some way to have something like the Halion QC that the patch creator could use to choose which controls to expose to static CC assignment. It’s not as easy/clear as you think. Your brain is still stuck on fixed synth interfaces. Falcon has no fixed synth controls. NONE. Why would you default filter cutoff and Rez on an Organ patch? You wouldn’t.
1- who ever said anything at all about CC? nobody cares about CC, it's useless.

2- a standardized 8-knob macro panel is viable in Alchemy but not in Falcon because...?
for you it would change literally nothing, for me it would allow me to use my control surface with the stock libraries.
the amount of macros could still be infinite.

This isn't about specific params, it's about how they are organised under the surface. It is possible to have an open architecture when it comes to the elements of sound while still having some sort of underlying logic to how params are exposed to the host. One of the best examples is SpectrumWorx, it's a modular effect so each preset can have any number of knobs doing very different things, but each one that is added has a position in a virtual grid and that position determines the param ID it conveys to the host. Thus I can map those controls to Kore and even though every patch uses different params and tools it is always consistently mapped.

With Falcon one patch may well have a filter cutoff and one not - doesn't matter - as long as it has knobs/sliders etc to control there should be a way of consistently presenting that to a host that can be mapped regardless of the specific params being used. It's just another level of abstraction.

Babz wrote:So I just installed the 1.4 update (OS X) and all went as expected, but then I noticed this "Extras" folder and inside it something that says "Install_Rex 1_7 Library".

My question: Does this Rex stuff get installed automatically when one runs the main Falcon installer or does one have to initiate this installation separately?

Also, what is it? Are these Rex loops? Are there loops included with Falcon? If so, where does one find them?
AFAIK that is REX API library which programs use to support REX file playback, not REX loops.

acYm wrote: 1- who ever said anything at all about CC? nobody cares about CC, it's useless.
Macro, CC or automation, whichever ... every parameter is mappable to a macro, CC or host automation. CC is so useless its ubiquitous. NRPN obviously not precise enough. So in your case you could use your host automation to control any macro.
2- a standardized 8-knob macro panel is viable in Alchemy but not in Falcon because...?
for you it would change literally nothing, for me it would allow me to use my control surface with the stock libraries.
the amount of macros could still be infinite.
You are obviously reading impaired as I've been saying this exact thing over and over. Just have the first x assigned macros always retain their assignment. It would change a lot for me.

BUT! lets say you have a 10 song set ... nothing is stopping you from saving the configuration for 15 or 20 patches. It isn't that big a lift.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Looks like there is now a site wide 30% off sale. Anyone know if you still get the 100$ voucher when buying falcon? I couldnt see it listed anywhere, and it would certainly go far now that all the expansions are also on sale for everyone

ezelkow1 wrote:Looks like there is now a site wide 30% off sale. Anyone know if you still get the 100$ voucher when buying falcon? I couldnt see it listed anywhere, and it would certainly go far now that all the expansions are also on sale for everyone
No, nobody knows or has answered that question umpteen times since the sale started. It’s a mystery how anyone will find out.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Yes you get the $100 voucher. YES! Buy it, get the voucher! Be sure to add two expansions so you get those for free as well!

The voucher will appear in your account under Vouchers AFTER registering Falcon.

ahh, theres the banner

Hi all, want to pull the trigger on this current deal, but I'm worried my system won't cut the mustard with Falcon. I have a mac mini with 2.3 i7 16gb ram and 1tb 5400 hard drive. Anyone using Falcon with a setup close or below this?

I have a Mac Mini Quadcore i7, 16 GB RAM, 7200 1tb drive. Falcon, Kontakt, etc run great, multiple instances. I have never tried a disk-streaming sampler on anything slower than 7200, but if I had to guess, I think it would be OK, but you just wouldn't be able to run as many instances at low buffers. Hope this info helps a little. If you try it, let us know how it works out. I am curious about if 5400 drives can work.

I would never use 5400 RPM drives for anything. Slow loading times and cannot really expect high polyphony from them.

GoldieK wrote:Hi all, want to pull the trigger on this current deal, but I'm worried my system won't cut the mustard with Falcon. I have a mac mini with 2.3 i7 16gb ram and 1tb 5400 hard drive. Anyone using Falcon with a setup close or below this?
Will it work? Yes. My work iMac has similar specs (except, obviously, a 500gb SSD hard drive). Will it work ideally? Depends on the patch. Keep it light, things will be fine. Start adding layer upon layer of spread unison multi samples and effects? Not so much. You can bring any computer to its knees with Falcon if you wanted.

Return to “Instruments”