Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

EvilDragon wrote:Nope.
Ok. Anyway I already got my user NKS library for Zebra. But tagged factory presets would be great.
🇺🇦

Won't happen for Z2 at all. Z3, yes.

Thanks ED.
🇺🇦

Hi Urs,
Please seperate Zebra2, Zebrify, Zebralette, etc into individual .so in Linux

Urs wrote:
almazmusic wrote:Little offtop: what first 1-2 products will receive a new preset browser and maybe a new GUI?
Once Zebra 2.8 is out of beta, we'll update ZebraHZ of course.

Diva is top of the list to follow, as we already have a beta. And also, it's our most best selling product. As it's got NKS, all presets are already tagged. So that's cool.

Hive is next after that afaik because we've already tagged most of its presets. It gets the tagged version of the browser as well. We might throw NKS support in, but we still hope for a few feature wishes for NKS to come true.
Are you planning on adding nks to Bazille? If so any idea when?

Urs wrote:
almazmusic wrote:Little offtop: what first 1-2 products will receive a new preset browser and maybe a new GUI?
Once Zebra 2.8 is out of beta, we'll update ZebraHZ of course.

Diva is top of the list to follow, as we already have a beta. And also, it's our most best selling product. As it's got NKS, all presets are already tagged. So that's cool.

Hive is next after that afaik because we've already tagged most of its presets. It gets the tagged version of the browser as well. We might throw NKS support in, but we still hope for a few feature wishes for NKS to come true.
Will the ZebraHZ update include bringing the Diva modules into the main workflow with the other filters? Or just the GUI/preset browser update?

Also, will the Diva update just be preset browser stuff?

Urs wrote: Once Zebra 2.8 is out of beta, we'll update ZebraHZ of course.

- Do you ever take a day off?

That is splendid news, I was not sure when or even if to expect HZ getting the UI upgrade, I use that version exclusively. Good to know about Diva too. Hive was super easy to get to know, Repro also is familiar. Right now I am trying to wrap my head around ZebraHZ and Filterscape together, which is a lot to bite off, but producing sounds I can't do any other way. (I love Filterscape, and Zebra. It's a sick setup) Very much looking forward to 2.8, and 3 later on.

Quick Note: Skippy said he might relay something to you about FilterScape videos on my behalf. I figured it out, and will probably do a demo video of Filterscape, once I get this Arturia BeatStep, ZebraHZ, Filterscape thing out of my head.

Zebra Beta 2.8 today ?

almazmusic wrote:
Urs wrote:As it's got NKS, all presets are already tagged.
Ohhh, btw! I might missed it but will 2.8 have NKS support?
The challenge for Zebra is its modularity - every patch is almost a different synth using different modules so mapping that to the Komplete Kontroller is hard, I created a template for it but it's tons of user pages deep to cover every module when ideally you want a mapping that just covers the modules used so it's more accessible - and even that was cut down from my Kore one (which works better because Kore is more flexible). I suppose there may be a way to generate controller mappings on the fly as part of the export process but that would be very clever.

Spirit2017 wrote:Zebra Beta 2.8 today ?
No, not today...

We are trying for *something* this week. There area few open tickets on my desk, and with all that's going on I'm trying to find some time to get this done quickly. Or, as I recently like to put it, a donut chart:
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 14.31.53.png
- U
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mmm...donut.

Oh there he goes posting his donut again. :roll: Maybe this is Urs' subtle way of saying 'Shut up and go eat a donut while I work on this thing!' :hihi:

I really like donuts btw. Why does he have to remind me of donuts? I am trying to eat healthy here and there are no healthy donuts...only yummy ones.

Hmm maybe that's why I liked the old Zebra knobs...because they all looked like half-eaten donuts. :ud: Or pies. Hmm.

Hmm maybe that's why Urs is dumping the old knobs from the new Zebra 2.8 skin...because somebody put him on a diet and HE doesn't want to be reminded of donuts. But he cant escape the donut. What get's taken away from Zebra reappears here in the Zebra thread at 50 times the size.

I guess you just cant escape the donut. :scared:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

I'm just about to demo the full Repro (and I think we know how that will end...) so this is only just a curiosity post. I can't recall what is due in Zebra2.8 - there's the new GUI (yaaaassssss!!!) and the new preset browser but was there anything else? I had a notion there might be a wavefolder or distortion but that could well be me confusing things. Can anyone remember?

I tried searching the thread but it's tricky with so many posts.

Thanks!

Right, I have also been curious about this. I guess we'll see a list pretty soon but maybe someone can list the most important new features?

Zebra 2.8: new GUI and two wavefolder modules. Oh and +/- 48 semitones pitch bend range, possibly.

Return to “u-he”