Cyclops : disable default NKS template

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello,

i have personnal presets with custom NKS assignment, but when i load my preset first, it load with default sugar byte NKS assignment, then i load it a second time and my custom NKS assignment are loaded ??

by the way each time i change routing or a oscillator type, it switch back to default sugar byte template.

it's really annoying, to keep my own template active, i have to go to edit mode, edit a knob, then change routing or oscillator type, get focus on edit menu and press CTRL+Z to get back my NKS assignments.

i've tried to uninstall, then re install without NKS module, but defaut assignment stay the same.
i've tried to overwrite all Init NKS presets from sugar bytes in ProgramData\Sugar Bytes\Cyclop\NKS, but defaut assignment stay the same.

Hi drdriller,

yes, I have to admit that Cyclop indeed loads the default Cyclop NKS controls after reloading but we'll think a about a way to improve this. Anyway, we found out that it is possible only via a small detour.
So in case you are familiar with the windows registry you could at least do this by adjusting the related path in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sugar Bytes\Cyclop. Just set the 'NKS Auto Assignment' path to "0", then it should work.

But please note that since Cyclop comes with different OSC types (and therefore different controls per OSC) we have to send a message to Maschine which updates the controls after changing any OSC type e.g. from Transformer to Spectromat. This way we prevents that controls get unusable after changing the OSC type. So if you edit your registry like described above this function will be disabled.

Best,
Nadine

How would you do that on Mac? I think it’s not clear how Komplete Kontrol decides when to load a default template (or even where that exists?) as opposed to a user one.

Hi aMUSEd,

on macOS you will need to adjust the 'NKS Auto Assignment' path in your Cyclop plist file via a plist editor like eg. Pref Setter.

Go to the plist by entering ~/Library into the 'Go To Folder' menu.
When prompted, go to Preferences and select the com.sugar-bytes.Cyclop.plist
Open com.sugar-bytes.Cyclop.plist in Pref Setter.
Then change the Value entry of the 'NKS Auto Assignment' key from "1" to "0", press Enter to confirm the new value, save changes and exit. After that please restart your computer!

(Please note that since OSX 10.7.x this Preferences folder is a hidden folder. So please doublecheck that you search in the correct path by entering ~/Library into the 'Go To Folder' menu and not only searching in Library since these are two different paths and it's very important to also enter the ~/ sign.)

NKS control settings will be saved per Sound. Which means in order to make your changes of a preset permanent, you have to save it to the Komplete Kontrol User Library.

Once a sound is saved as an NKS preset your NKS control settings also won't change when loading presets via the internal preset browser of Cyclop. But please be aware of any possible unusable assignments after changing the OSC type in Cyclop.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

it's working, so now if i change oscillator type, i have to manually change the mapping for the oscillator param 1, 2 & 3 BUT it is really more convenient like this for me :)

btw now when i switch the routing everything keeps fine and working, i'm really happy with that, i often test a few differents routing :)

maybe Oscillators control could work like Massive FX or Razor oscillators & FX, where automation parameters stay the same controls regardless of underlying functionnality.
Last edited by drdriller on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sugar Bytes wrote:Hi aMUSEd,

on macOS you will need to adjust the 'NKS Auto Assignment' path in your Cyclop plist file via a plist editor like eg. Pref Setter.

Go to the plist by entering ~/Library into the 'Go To Folder' menu.
When prompted, go to Preferences and select the com.sugar-bytes.Cyclop.plist
Open com.sugar-bytes.Cyclop.plist in Pref Setter.
Then change the Value entry of the 'NKS Auto Assignment' key from "1" to "0", press Enter to confirm the new value, save changes and exit. After that please restart your computer!

(Please note that since OSX 10.7.x this Preferences folder is a hidden folder. So please doublecheck that you search in the correct path by entering ~/Library into the 'Go To Folder' menu and not only searching in Library since these are two different paths and it's very important to also enter the ~/ sign.)

NKS control settings will be saved per Sound. Which means in order to make your changes of a preset permanent, you have to save it to the Komplete Kontrol User Library.

Once a sound is saved as an NKS preset your NKS control settings also won't change when loading presets via the internal preset browser of Cyclop. But please be aware of any possible unusable assignments after changing the OSC type in Cyclop.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Nadine
Nadine you are awesome, thankyou :)

Return to “Sugar Bytes”