UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

In case of slice, you need to save the sample as those data are in the sample itself.
We figure that this is something that is not related to this keygroup but actually to the sample itself so it stays there is you reopen this sample in another keygroup.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Ideally it should be both ways. Falcon should recognize the slices from the sample (which it already does), but you should also be able to modify them non-destructively (within the patch, without needing to render out a new sample) and be able to store that as an oscillator preset, not just the sample itself.

Don't make me say which other program does it exactly like that ;) Benefits of doing it that way are very obvious.

However, sircuit is talking about loop length, not the slice data itself? That parameter should definitely be stored at keygroup or oscillator level, not within the sample...

Falcon should be able to save the current marker set - wich can be user-edited for the specific use (good point EvilDragon), for example for more groove but this new marker set does not need to be embedded in the files as it usually is not technically correct - together with the project. Neither one of my perfectly looped wav loops have bpm information embedded (or slice data). I can see the need to embed loop markers in a sustained one-shot, but slicing loops at markers, that something so tedious, probably no one is going to releas in a commercial pack.

But I didn't even go that far to edit markers, just load a 2-bar sample, drag it in Falcon, Falcon sets the length to oen bar, chang it to 2 and play. Now I'm expecting this to be saved with the project. The whole point of using Falcon is for fast drag & drop.

PS: Sorry for repeating myself in requests but this has the second greatest use for me after hot water: the possibility to modulate that envelope - it is fantastic how it can shape a drum loop.

Last edited by sircuit on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

That doesn't get stored with the project? Boy, that definitely shouldn't happen... I would classify that as a bug, and a pretty horrible one.

Changing BPM value is also not stored in project, definitely not cool. All this stuff should be a part of plugin's state chunk. Falcon shouldn't force saving this to separate samples, at all. This is not how a modern virtual sampler should work (and indeed, I know of no other plugin which can slice samples that forces the user to export the changes to slicing and tempo/loop info to a new sample in order to have it saved in the project).

Well, I'll keep writing stuff and see if something gets fixed/changed in the next update.
@Olivier, people will always use a product in away that developer din't intended. I know that Falcon can handle very big stuff, but what I also like that it has the architecture to be "just-a-little-bit-fledged" (think of one slicer placed on one key, with an eq, a saturator and a maximizer). So I'd be only natural that Falcon can also handle with perfection these small things too imho.

Another workflow suggestion: every time I save a new program, the default path is the Documents folder. But everything Falcon-related resides in /Documents/UVI/Falcon/ and further /Programs so it would be nice to open the dialog box at Falcon's root at least or, even better, remember last used path for programs.

Fully agreed.

Wow, I missed a good discussion ... I also have a request around the way presets are loaded/saved/cached. Maybe it's been covered before, but I really want a way to load a preset purged. I work with VEP and the load time for the UVI stuff is bonkers when I load my VEP session. Then I can't have the libraries as templates because of the amount of RAM required to have everything loaded. This defeats the purpose of VEP for this use.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Hello,

I would like to create morph sounds in Falcon.

I would like to morph through different layers with modulation wheel, LFO, user envelope or step envelope as source.

What's the best way to do that?

Thanks in advance

Assign the same modulator to each layer's output volume and adjust the range in which they operate with modulation scalers.

I'm late to install 1.4.1, but I'm noticing a horrible bug in Bitwig. I can't use any of the dropdown option menus. Right-clicking on things that work that way still works, but on buttons that produce a drop down menu, the menu just flickers around and I can't select an option.

Also, when are they going to provide oversampling for the all the distortion modules? They really sound like crap as they currently are.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Hi! I need some help if possible.
I'm trying to modify the "chorder 2" script wich I found very useful, to add more chords (this seems to be quite easy).
As the chords are listed just numbered in order (major 1 , major 2, major 3...so on) I would like to give them a real name (Maj 9, min 13) so I started naming the chords ( I just did the Major group for now , putting the name as a comment in the script). As I'm not a coder at all, I would like to know how to display those names listed directly in the plugin, so they will become also listed in my Push 2 when I assign the preset menu to a host automation. I managed to change the group names (easy, too) but I guess is not that easy to asign the right names to each chord.
Anyone?
Thanks!
Attached is the work in progress...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Definitely some sort of Undo fuction is needed. So many times I clicked today "Clear Modulations" instead of "Edit Modulations" :(

Also found another bug (quite ugly one):

Create a new Analog, and map a macro knob to Pitch control. Step 1 semitone, via mapper (size 5, Integer Out between -49 and 48): this outputs a real pitch setting as follows: -24, -12, 0, 12, 24

Clear modulation and then add again the same macro. Assign the old mapper again, now the sound is actually -48, -25, 0, 24, 48. So I have to create a different mapper, with 5 values (-24, -12, 0, 12, 24) for the pitch selector to work as intended.

In order to make it behave normally, it appears I have to create a macro association to pitch, delete it and reassociate it again.

I hope someone at UVI still reads this thread.

sircuit wrote:...Create a new Analog, and map a macro knob to Pitch control. Step 1 semitone...
The same behavior is evident when assigning an LFO to pitch. The mapper is ignored.

By the way I've just noticed the stability of the Audio MIDI settings dialog is vastly improved!
thanks for that. :) And that drag and drop Multienvelope is brilliant. :tu:
Falcon user since 2015

A script processor for storing and recalling Falcon macro settings, more details here :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=501743

Return to “Instruments”