Bitwig Studio 2.3 Beta 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Phase-4 uses much less cpu now... I can easily add voice stacking now.

FIXED Raw mode for audio events can have their Pitch altered, resulting in the audio being stretched.

I tried Raw mode, and Pitch is still greyed out on the left info panel, and pitch envelopes on raw audio clips have no effect. Anyone else experiencing this? Would be super cool to be able to stretch audio files in the arrange window like this!
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

aMUSEd wrote:NEW ControlSurfaceAPI: add API to control Instrument and Effect Selector
what's that?
I think it only adds the capability to make instrument and fx selections using the API, like controlling the selection using a midi controller. It is not diving into depth, e.g. setting up a fx or instrument using the api. Just like it says, controlling the selector / focus.

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:NEW ControlSurfaceAPI: add API to control Instrument and Effect Selector
what's that?
I think it only adds the capability to make instrument and fx selections using the API, like controlling the selection using a midi controller. It is not diving into depth, e.g. setting up a fx or instrument using the api. Just like it says, controlling the selector / focus.
I was just wondering if it would enable me to map cc's to device user pages so I can switch them using hardware (like you can in Ableton Live)

I tried Raw mode, and Pitch is still greyed out on the left info panel, and pitch envelopes on raw audio clips have no effect
I think that's kinda the point of raw mode. It remains purely a 1:1 of the original sample.

For altering the pitch we need to switch to one of the different stretch modes.

"pitch" mode is basically raw mode but allows the sample to be played at different rates (but without 'stretching' anything)

Best

ThomasHelzle wrote:FIXED Crash when closing project while having meta clip selected.
Meta clip? Do we finally have meta/ghost/alias clips now? Are the days of editing each instance of an identical clip in the song over?

This log entry is probably a reference to something else entirely so I'm not getting my hopes up but this would be amazing.

Amigan wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:FIXED Crash when closing project while having meta clip selected.
Meta clip? Do we finally have meta/ghost/alias clips now? Are the days of editing each instance of an identical clip in the song over?

This log entry is probably a reference to something else entirely so I'm not getting my hopes up but this would be amazing.
Metaclips are the combined clips that show up on Groups AFAIK.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Amigan wrote:
like Thomas said... meta clips are the group clips that contain clips from the groups sub tracks.

But there is no need to edit each instance of an identical clip. Select them all and edit them all together.

I have a problem using Kontakt instruments that sync to tempo in the latest Beta.
All the stuff from Forgotten keys (beatbox) are off sync now.
Will post in the beta forum when i have the autorisation.

Have to upgrade ...
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.

Is bounce in real time (with a hardware instrument) always been broken or is it just broken in 2.3? I have never used it up until today and it crashes the audio engine.

Return to “Bitwig”