In praise of Bitwigs VST 3 implementation...

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just recently realized, that Halion 6 played with my LinnStrument in Bitwig does polyphonic pitch bend!
This does not work in any other DAW I own.
The MPE translation works in a way that the polyphonic pitch bend from MPE is passed on correctly to the voices in Halion - thumbs up!

As Halion is made by the inventor of VST 3, all the potential of VST 3 is implemented into it. Are ther other VST 3 VSTi's known which are as complete? (Beside all Steinberg)

Pitch bend with Halion is nice unfortunately there is no Polyphsonic pressure and also no Timbre (y axis) modulation either. Also the per key pitch bend doesn’t work with mono legato mode on.

I always stay away from any vst3 versions of my plugins, just always something funky going wrong. Safer to use vst2! But I'm glad you found something good.
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

Just a pity it's so incomplete in that you can't actually save any vstpresets in Bitwig. Not so much a problem in Halion as it has its own preset management but for other Steinberg VST3's it's a major limitation. I simply can't do any sound design in Padshop for example in Bitwig and just use it as a preset player in that host.

aMUSEd wrote:Just a pity it's so incomplete in that you can't actually save any vstpresets in Bitwig. Not so much a problem in Halion as it has its own preset management but for other Steinberg VST3's it's a major limitation. I simply can't do any sound design in Padshop for example in Bitwig and just use it as a preset player in that host.
I can confirm it, I'm experiencing same limitations with Padshop Pro also.
System: i7-14700k / 64Gb / RME UFX / Focal SM9 / NI S61 / Push 2
Synths: Sub 37, Boomstar 4075, NL4, Analog Keys, Prophet-6

I've recently been really enjoying the beauty of MPE with Bitwig & my Continuum (took me a while to figure out I had to set my Continuum as a "ROLI Seaboard" and to right click and force MPE mode on devices).

Some of the other plugins that Poly pitchbend is working for me
Equator (also responds well to x & y axis expression)
U-He Repro
Synapse The Legend (in Poly Mode)
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Return to “Bitwig”