T6 DAW No sound from MIDI notes during playback

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone,

I am a complete beginner with the DAW and I tried to record my e-drums in T6. I am using MT-PowerDrumKit 2 as VSTi plugin. I am able to hear my drums in the track when I play without recording.

However, once I playback the recorded track, many of the midi notes are muted / don't produce any sound but in the Midi editor I can see that the notes are registered. Is there any setting I am unaware of regarding this? Please help!

As a quick temporary test, stick in a piano VST on the track and listen. Do you get all the hits as piano key notes, or are some missing? (or some very soft). It may be not all the notes events aren't keyed to the correct drum notes in MT-PowerDrumkit?

Oh, and you DID open up PowerDrumKit and "accept" the demo if you didn't actually register?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote:As a quick temporary test, stick in a piano VST on the track and listen. Do you get all the hits as piano key notes, or are some missing? (or some very soft). It may be not all the notes events aren't keyed to the correct drum notes in MT-PowerDrumkit?

Oh, and you DID open up PowerDrumKit and "accept" the demo if you didn't actually register?

Hey. I tried with a piano VST and same issue. i can see all the midi notes in the editor but only few are played after recording.

I did accept the demo. It was after that only I was able to hear my drums directly in T6 prior to recording.

Bring up the track with the MIDI toolbar up top, and click "velocity". You should get a section open below. Are the "ghosted" notes of a really low velocity on the bargraph that shows up underneath? You should have something like this, although probably more variation; but the lower bars should be at least 30%...?
Actually, another test - use an organ patch - typically NOT velocity sensitive, so even low volume notes should play...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

I have attached my screenshot. Velocities seem fine. I even tried with full velocity. Still some notes are ghosted..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tracktion”