Select all regions in all groups. How?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In TX 2 when you selected all it did just that. It would select all the regions. Now in TX 3 when I want to select all regions I am able to select all the regions but limited only to the current group.

I am using V3.0.14a and I'm getting the same results on Windos and OSX. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions.

No, this is by design, as groups have a different meaning in TXv3 compared to v2. In v3 a group is a "layer" really, whereas in v2 it was N consecutive mappings (splits). I.e. selecting all groups in v2 was more equivalent to selecting all regions (in a group) in v3.

In technical terms: In v2 groups where leafs on the tree, in v3 they are not. Mappings (regions) are.

I realize this potentially means you need more roundtrip if you need to do something like changing RAM->DFD or similar for all regions in all groups, and maybe having a "virtual" view of all regions in all selected groups, and allow (some) manipulation of them would be good, but that is so far just a thought experiment.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hmm that is a shame. I am currently working on a program that has 21 groups (I don't know why, I didn't make it) and I'm cringing just thinking of how long it will take to tweak it to my likes. I'm very picky with things like release time for example. I like to try an amount and then play a while. Then I might go back and add a few milliseconds and see what it sounds like. I might go through this process four of five times until I find the setting that I like.

I suppose I could still use text editor using a search and replace text on the actual .txprog file to do it faster but it still seems like a hassle. I hope that in the future you will think of a way that we can easily do multi-group editing again.

Thanks for such a quick response to my question.

Note that things like release etc is not related to regions at all. The group maps to a sound object, which in turn can be shared across several groups. And while you cannot change things like release/attack for more than one at a time, you can for example have several groups with things like different key scales, pitch, amp, pan etc and map them to the same sound object to ensure they all have the same AEG etc.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”