Matchlock preset in Amplifikation360 sounds different.

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got the Kaussa Matchlock vst/standalone and created my own presets, all sounds good.
I then add the Matchlock sim in Amplifikation360 and use exactly the same amp and speaker/mic settings as the vst/standalone.
They sound different!!! the Amp360 loses it's top end bite.
Is the Matchlock used in Amp360 a different coding to the original Matchlock vst/standalone.

Feedback welcome.
Brian

There shouldn't be any difference, would you please share your settings - preset ?

Just loaded amp A with same cabinet. Make sure to sett the speaker cab in A360 in the same way.
If you load a matched amp with cab in a360 it load only one Mic - move the MIX slider in the plugin version of Matchlock to full left A and center the mic, by double clicking on it.

Everything sounds the same.

Best regards,
Dimi

Hi Dimi,
Matchlock_A360 Preset.zip
Here's my preset for Matchlock and A360 same settings in both.
They sound close but not the same (to my ears) the A360 sounds brighter.

Regards
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Cadd, just opened your presets, after matching up all settings everything sounds the same.
They are the same amp. So, there are some flaws in your handling of the Amplifikation 360.
On your A360 preset the global input was set too high, on the Matchlock individual plugin it was set at default. The global input level is critical how the amp is going to react and respond - frequencies wise.
Also, in your A360 preset - the Live switching system - everything was switched off, even the global by-pass knob on top right, was off too, loading your A360 preset, gave me a bypassed guitar signal.
After tweaked all of this, everything sounds as it should.

Hope that helps.
Best regards
Dimi

Here is a video just did comparing the both:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUo8yRmQGYg

Hello Dimi,
Thanks for getting back and your take on the preset.
After setting the A360 input level back to default and comparing the two they do indeed sound the same.
I was aware that global was turned off in A360 just the way I saved it.
Anyway thanks again.
Brian
ps Do you think Kaussa will ever add a reverb to the Matchlock like Vermillion. :) :)

Cadd wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:49 pm Hello Dimi,
Thanks for getting back and your take on the preset.
After setting the A360 input level back to default and comparing the two they do indeed sound the same.
I was aware that global was turned off in A360 just the way I saved it.
Anyway thanks again.
Brian
ps Do you think Kaussa will ever add a reverb to the Matchlock like Vermillion. :) :)
Hello Brian,
Glad to hear its sorted out :) I strongly suggest using everything inside Amplifikation 360, then you can use Vermilion's reverb with Matchlock or any other combination. Many more possibilities! :)

Best
Dimi

Return to “Kuassa”