Extreme CPU consumption with latest updates [solved]

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've downloaded the latest version of TAL-Mod and played a few chords on a specifiv pad preset and the CPU usage went up to 50% :o I've compared it to an older version (1.1.5) and the cpu usage for the same preset and number of voices was around 10%.

Same for TAL-Sampler: the CPU usage has drastically increased :( I havent tested TAL-Bassline 101, but i guess that it's the same.

Specs: Cubase 10.5, Windows 10, Intel i7 4770K

Edit: same behavior in Cubase 9.5
Last edited by audiot on Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I never had this problem , sure talmod can be cpu intensive with long release settings etc..
But I haven't had the issues you described , been using it since beta ..

There was/is indeed a bug in tal sampler when using certain dac models , it uses more cpu , but not for talmod

Drop patrick a mail through his site , he always responds and is verry helpfull :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:51 am I never had this problem , sure talmod can be cpu intensive with long release settings etc..
But I haven't had the issues you described , been using it since beta ..

There was/is indeed a bug in tal sampler when using certain dac models , it uses more cpu , but not for talmod

Drop patrick a mail through his site , he always responds and is verry helpfull :tu:
Maybe it's Cubase specific. The difference in cpu consumption between the latest version and v1.1.5 is massive, but i will contact him. I'll take the chance to ask for an MSEG in TAL Sampler by the way :D

Update:

I've contacted Patrick and he confirmed the increase in CPU usage. He's working on it.

Update:

Patrick sent me a pre-release (v1.6.0) which fixed the problem :tu: :clap:

So was it cubase specific then ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

audiot wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:02 pm Update:

I've contacted Patrick and he confirmed the increase in CPU usage. He's working on it.
Has this been fixed yet ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:29 pm
audiot wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:02 pm Update:

Has this been fixed yet ?
He sent me the v1.6, but then contacted me again and said that there are still some issues. So i went back to v1.5. But it will be adressed, so dont worry!

A little bump to see if any progress has been made ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I'm curious as well. It's looked the most recent Tal mod version rolled back from 1.5.9 to 1.5.8.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Patrick has been working like horse recently getting those J8 updates out.

Return to “TAL Software”