Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Thanks for sending this over this seems very close to what I'm looking for just need to find out if it can do batch conversion rather than one by one.

I noticed you have quite a few composing and generative pieces of software just like myself, have you seen sundog studio new VST that's just came out for making patterns and melodies out of midi files.

Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer/Producer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio

lovemusic15 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:57 am Thanks for sending this over this seems very close to what I'm looking for just need to find out if it can do batch conversion rather than one by one.
Unfortunately, I do not believe you can do batch exports to MIDI. Also I was wrong; it is not the "Music Generators" feature that splits up a score into fragments (it's actually for mixing and matching combinations of existing material in lots of different ways... very cool), it is the "Extract Individual Instruments" feature which allows you to extract by full phrases or individual measures.
lovemusic15 wrote: I noticed you have quite a few composing and generative pieces of software just like myself,
Yes; I own so very many of them; so many in fact, that I feel overwhelmed by the possibilities. I also have a crazy collection of MIDI files. We truly live in a wonderful time for creating music with our computers. Some of the computer assisted composing tools I have accumulated are quite vast in their feature sets and have a steep learning curve. I do like how Rapid Composer has a wonderful synergy with most of these tools.

Despite all of the great composing software and MIDI packs I have at my disposal, I have so little time to really get to know them all and avoid finding their bugs (I have a uncanny knack for uncovering the bugs in software). I often just end-up twiddling the keys on my MIDI controller and composing my own melodies and chords from scratch (the phrase recorder in Rapid Composer is fantastic for capturing musical ideas).
lovemusic15 wrote: have you seen sundog studio new VST that's just came out for making patterns and melodies out of midi files.
Yes, I believe there are two such VSTs now: this one and this newer, specialized one. I need to spend more time with these two as well. :help:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hello Attila!
I would like to suggest improving the variation of the "Note Range Limit" track. This is a great variation that I use a lot. There are now two options for out-of-range notes: transposition and remove. I would suggest adding a shift of out-of-range notes not by an octave, but to the place of the nearest scale notes or chords. This would allow us to quickly create chords with narrow voices and other chord tricks (such as cluster chord views), for example. Thank you . PS By the way, I was always interested in why this variation is not in the phrase inspector? )

Latest RC version does not officially support Apples latest chip generation natively. The Rosetta2 on-the-fly code translation seems to work somehow, but performance (UI) is too flaky to be considered useable.
Feature request is to upgrade the specs to Apple Silicon Chipset being on the market now for more than 1/2 year and will soon represent majority of Apple user base.

Hope that UI issues get resolved by that, see
Cliffscherer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:49 am

Cool, thanks for sending that

I would suggest adding a shift of out-of-range notes not by an octave, but to the place of the nearest scale notes or chords.

Great suggestion

Thanks, I was hoping for help!))

Hi,

I'd like to re-offer this idea/suggestion from the past because it appears to have gotten lost and was never even commented on.

--

I notice when I use the 'G' key to regenerate a selected generator (phrase) that the regeneration is essentially immediate. IOW the "old" phrase does not finish out as-is, but instead the "new" phrase takes over right away. I'm sure this is often desirable.

Alternatively though, and also at least sometimes desirable (IMO), would be to have (an option for) the "old" phrase to finish as-is and the "new" phrase to begin with the next cycle (I have loop enabled). IOW, "phrase regeneration quantization" (but I'm only really concerned with a quant interval of "phrase").

Another way to state the goal is that it is (sometimes) desirable to be able to be able to play new discrete full phrase after new discrete full phrase, triggering the changes via a keypress. It could be that there is an option to change the behavior of 'G', or it could be that there is a new behavior assigned to a new key.

--

Alternatively, or in addition (ideally), letting the user flip a switch to cause automatic regeneration with each loop would be superb.

--

Reasons I consider such an option to have alot of value are for the specific use cases of ear training, sight singing, and instrumental melody matching practice.

See it, hear it, practice it, next!

This would be a powerful use of RC in the service of music education and individual musician's advancement.

Even if this wasn't part of RC's original notion (i.e. "Composition" per se), RC is just this one step away from a powerful new use.

The display of note names, rhythms, scale degrees - excellent variational generators, randomization, almost everything needed is already here!

We just need this one new operational option to make RC the perfect platform for the use case.

Please consider this Atilla, and please go there for the intrinsic value of it.

Thanks!

Hi Steve,

today the following was implemented:

It will appear in the next beta version.

I need everyone's opinion about using "Title Case" in the UI, which is getting more and more annoying for me. So instead of writing
Regenerate All Selected Phrases At The End Of The Loop
we could have
Regenerate all selected phrases at the end of the loop

What is the consensus about it? It could be a user option, but that would further complicate my life ;)

Thanks,
Attila

lower case ok for me..

how do I use the new draw phrase stuff?

BluGenes wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:55 pm lower case ok for me..
Me too :)

lower case

Fine with me

+ lower case

BluGenes wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:55 pm lower case ok for me..

how do I use the new draw phrase stuff?
Never mind, I figured it out... pretty cool..

Lowe case better for me too.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”