Oversampling in 360?

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have almost all the Kuassa stuff.

The stand alone amps have oversampling, the 360 does not. The stand alone amps don't seem to automatically render at an oversampled rate; you need to change that for each instance before you render?

The 360 doesn't seem to render at an oversampled rate judging by render time. And has no oversampling controls.

The Cereberus etc has 'hq' which I'm assuming is oversampling?

Please can you clarify what the deal is with oversampling etc during rendering and what the rate is in 'HQ'?

Just some clarification in general would be great!

OK so now I see (after using this for AGES) that each amp/pedal or whatever in 360 has oversampling hidden in indivual settings?

So you if you want to render a mix at 9say) 4x, you'd need to go into each instance of 360 and change each individual module within 360 to 4x?

That can't be right, surely? What am I missing here?

That's how it currently works yes.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:45 am That's how it currently works yes.
Thanks for confirming that.

I might have, say, 15 instances of Kuassa stuff on a track (not 15 simultaneous guitar tracks usually, although...) and obviously it would make sense to run them non-oversampling (for CPU) until mix/render at which point it would be sensible to set to high oversampling rate.

At this point I would have to go into each instance of Kuassa plugins and change the setting. On 360 I would have to set the oversampling ON EACH INDIVIDUAL module?

I really like the Kuassa stuff, but this work flow isn't good. I just mixed an album which TONNES of guitar stuff on it, and setting the oversampling before rendering took AGES.

Good suggestion to make it as a global option for offline rendering.
I will forward it to the development team!

Dimi

Return to “Kuassa”